Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,861  
X2 on the magnetic tool holder. <snip>

PLUS - tie a string on them and they make good "magnetic drags" for those bolts and screws that roll under the counter or iron bearing stuff lost in the grass.

I go through blue flashlights, screwdrivers, tape measures, multimeters, mag tool holders and tarps.

What get's me are the CL ads for $5 tape measures, $10 Multimeters, etc. being sold be people within walking distance of Harbor Freight.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,862  
I'm on my third free digital multimeter - the first two crapped out early on. The third one usually works. They're ok if you don't mind the occasional wildly inaccurate readings.
Strange. I have a couple more than 10 years old, batteries have been replaced but otherwise good. The more recent red ones seem to work fine too. I've never had a problem with the free multimeters.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,863  
I like the multi-meters the best. Must have at least 10 of them scattered all over.

Keep one of the micro-fiber cloths in each vehicle for the INSIDE of the windshields! Great for removing that haze that always forms.

The magnetic tool holders are EXACTLY the right size to bolt to some of the inexpensive LED light bars like this one - Amazon.com: LED Light Bar Nilight 2 Inch 126w LED Work Light Spot Flood Combo Led Bar Off Road Lights Driving Lights Led Fog Light Jeep Lights Boat Lighting ,2 Years Warranty: Automotive

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,864  
I like the multimeters, but I have had several of them crack the insulation on the test leads. Seems to crack all the way down the lead, a ring at the strain relief and a couple more further down.

Aaron Z

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,865  
The magnetic tool holder is my favorite too with the 6 pack of screwdrivers next and blue handled multi ended screwdriver a close 3rd. The black handled screwdrivers are pretty rugged and if I need to grind one down it's no biggie, I don't want to do that to my Protos. The all-in-one is great to throw in the glovebox and multiple places in the house. The "heavy duty" batteries are not worth carrying home. I'm not impressed with the flashlights, I always have to whack them on something to get them to work. If I didn't have to do that then they would be great.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,866  
What is your favorite free item (with purchase)?

I'd have to go with (in no particular order) the flashlights (both styles), tarps and the magnetic tool holders. The magnets in those tool holders are strong! Had one I'd gotten at Walmart in my shop that I used for small saws (like a drywall saw), etc. and it barely held them, stuff was always falling off. The HF ones hold really well.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,867  
The screwdriver with the replaceable tip is my current favorite. I can use it and just replace the tip with a new one when needed. With several screwdrivers in different places I always have one when I need it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,868  
Yesterday, I got every hose clamp I had and threw them out. I tried 10 and all stripped out before any real tension was applied. For me, I would rather have nothing than those clamps.
Get a haywire klamper

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,869  
Not sure why folks are disrespecting the electric flyswatter. It's killed many a wasp on my front porch.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,870  
Not sure why folks are disrespecting the electric flyswatter. It's killed many a wasp on my front porch.

And, it provides hours of productive entertainment for young kids on a porch. We keep half a dozen around.