Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,531  
So there are actually Four things ( I had previously only known of three) you should never buy from HF

1. Parachute
2. Fire extinguisher
3. Condoms
4. Jack stands

All joking aside, your point is well taken!

Another item:
Birth control pills!

LOL, a local Dollar store actually was selling them until the FEDs made them stop.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,532  
I’m planning to purchase 1 or 2 more of the 301pc made-in-Taiwan kits if I can find them.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,533  
I’m planning to purchase 1 or 2 more of the 301pc made-in-Taiwan kits if I can find them.
Let us know... I want one or two as well. Great gifts and I wouldn't mind an extra set myself.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,535  
So there are actually Four things ( I had previously only known of three) you should never buy from HF
Five. The silver tarp.

I bought one last May.
(#69204 15x19 HD Silver Tarp, receipt 5-5-2017 and not installed immediately.).

This one rotted from sunlight. An edge tore away from its border before 6 months, now at 8 months it disintegrated at multiple points. The perimeter remains attached. It didn't tear out any grommets which would indicate wind stress. It tore effortlessly taking it down.

20180218_173410rTarp.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,536  
I have one of them; problem is the wrenches only go up to 3/4". The screwdrivers do not go back into their slots very easy, some not at all.

Ron
Yeah, I know, but handy to have a set stuffed in the back of my truck. When I happen to be at a friend or family's home, and they start talking about this and that... that isn't working, I can fix it. If they are talking stuff bigger than 3/4in, I don't volunteer on the spot with my good clothes on. :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,537  
When that little briefcase size 130 piece tool kit goes on sale its a reasonable value for $30. I would use it only as described above, leave it in the car to use only in a desperate emergency or when visiting family who wait for you to come and fix their stuff. Quality isn't good but the broad range of items you would never think to take along makes it worthwhile.

As I noted several pages back, my only use of the kit so far was: I loaned it to a neighbor who had an appliance repair tech there who hadn't brought the right Allen key for something.

When I got the kit I noted the 'crescent' wrench adjustment was sloppy, it didn't hold its setting. It would be frustrating to use - but far better than nothing!

In addition to emergencies, this kit might be just right for an apartment dweller who uses tools a couple of times a year.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,538  
I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I once bought a set of HF drill bits that were for use in plastics and wood only. No metal. How can that be? It's the cheapest thing I ever bought
Plastic drills have a sharper angle so they will not split the stock. Were they actual plastic drills? Those are hard to find and expensive.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,539  
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm going to keep an eye out for a sale on it and give it a try.
That bandsaw regularly goes on sale for $100.
Harbor Freight Tools Coupon Database - Free coupons, 25 percent off coupons, toolbox coupons - 10 AMP DEEP CUT VARIABLE SPEED BAND SAW KIT

Five. The silver tarp.

I bought one last May.
(#69204 15x19 HD Silver Tarp, receipt 5-5-2017 and not installed immediately.).

This one rotted from sunlight. An edge tore away from its border before 6 months, now at 8 months it disintegrated at multiple points. The perimeter remains attached. It didn't tear out any grommets which would indicate wind stress. It tore effortlessly taking it down.

View attachment 540619
What?? You put it outside and exposed it to sunlight and wind?
Actually I've used them to cover stuff for years outside and they last me 3 or 4 years in Northern Virginia, partial shade.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,540  
Plastic drills have a sharper angle so they will not split the stock. Were they actual plastic drills? Those are hard to find and expensive.

The drill bits were metal--of a sort--but so fragile you could only use to drill light plastics and soft wood. Even in wood, they were good for maybe one or two holes. They looked like they were aluminum or zinc and could have been an attempted knock off of those expensive bits.