Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #882  
MMM?, 89 pages, 880 replies! I'm sorry but IMO there's no way there can be that many tools that "don't suck" at HF. Must be a great deal of redundant posts here :)

I walk out of their empty handed more than not.

JB.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #883  
it's hard for me to walk out the store without something but the deals this week I don't see anything I really need right now.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #884  
Hardwood floor nailer, has laid about 5000 linear feet of flooring and still works great
8,000 pound winch, works great
chainsaw chain sharpener
angle grinder
HVLP paint system, very cheap but works great
lots of misc. tools and gadgets

I wish they would build a store closer to me than the 40 miles I have to drive if I want to shop in the store. If I see something on the net, I always print the page with price because they always match the price at the store no matter how much cheaper it is.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #885  
it's hard for me to walk out the store without something but the deals this week I don't see anything I really need right now.

I've noticed 90% of the stuff they put out sale coupons for I already have!

Thats why I like the % off coupons, but they seem to be getting away from those via email. I still find 20% coupons every month in some magazines though.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #886  
MMM?, 89 pages, 880 replies! I'm sorry but IMO there's no way there can be that many tools that "don't suck" at HF. Must be a great deal of redundant posts here :)

I walk out of their empty handed more than not.

JB.

I've bought more then 880 tools from them. Add up wrenches, trailers, electrics, air tools, hammers, saws, etc etc etc. It comes too thousands of tools. Out of those thousands of different products it would not be hard to find 1000 that have no issues.

I have grinders
wrenches
hammers
dremel tool
dremel bits
drill bits
drill
air tools
trailer
sand paper
sanding disc
electric tape
electric boxes{outlets}
screw drivers
saws
grinding stones
metal cut off blades
circular saw blades
hatchet
carpenter pencil
sharpy
grease guns
impact wrench
other air tool/compressor products
and the list goes on. These are all products I bought and have no problem with.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #887  
Of all my purchases at HF, the only things that cost more than a few bucks have been the top chest to the roll around tool box. I got that for 240.00 and i think it was a bargain. I also just bought the bigger drill press that needs to be mounted on a stand, i havent had it long enough to tell the quality but i did drill and tap the part that goes on the side of the upright post right out of the box to keep it from wiggling around. The motor sounds nice and smooth which makes me feel alot better since most of there electrical stuff is not quality. This is the one that is just like the taller ones, but the tube is shorter.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #888  

Thats why I like the % off coupons, but they seem to be getting away from those via email. I still find 20% coupons every month in some magazines though.

Yeah I noticed that too with the sales.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

I've reached that point, too. The weekly email coupons are still there, but they seem to shut off the tap after a while. I canceled mine and reupped and they started flowing again. New coupons are posted in this wiki on a regular basis:

Harbor Freight Coupon Thread - SlickDeals.net Forums

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #890  
I've bought more then 880 tools from them. Add up wrenches, trailers, electrics, air tools, hammers, saws, etc etc etc. It comes too thousands of tools. Out of those thousands of different products it would not be hard to find 1000 that have no issues.

I have grinders
wrenches
hammers
dremel tool
dremel bits
drill bits
drill
air tools
trailer
sand paper
sanding disc
electric tape
electric boxes{outlets}
screw drivers
saws
grinding stones
metal cut off blades
circular saw blades
hatchet
carpenter pencil
sharpy
grease guns
impact wrench
other air tool/compressor products
and the list goes on. These are all products I bought and have no problem with.

With the exception of the wrenches which seem decent, everything else on your list is junk IMO.

Price is not the only factor in determining value. I've got to get a job done or get out of the woods or through some other critical situation I can't rely on that stuff.

The reason for my post was just to point out that with almost 900 replies there is continuous repeats, I'm surprised this thread lives on but would be proud to start a thread that lasted this long :)

Oh yeah I've got a HF QH and for the price it is a good value, even with the needed mods it's a good starting point, as long as your capable mechanic.

I haven't been in a few months maybe I'll take a ride and give them another chance.

JB.