Page 91 of 421 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101141191 ... LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    2004 TC30

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

i have a copy of a harborfreight 20% coupon that is good to 05/26/10. I made it into a .jpg so you can copy and print it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -harborfreight-20-coupon-jpg  

Tractor
    2008 T2220

Quote Originally Posted by 20 20 View Post
    I've bought more then 880 tools from them. Add up wrenches, trailers, electrics, air tools, hammers, saws, etc etc etc. It comes too thousands of tools. Out of those thousands of different products it would not be hard to find 1000 that have no issues.

I have grinders
    wrenches
    hammers
    dremel tool
    dremel bits
    drill bits
    drill
    air tools
    trailer
    sand paper
    sanding disc
    electric tape
    electric boxes{outlets}
    screw drivers
    saws
    grinding stones
    metal cut off blades
    circular saw blades
    hatchet
    carpenter pencil
    sharpy
    grease guns
    impact wrench
    other air tool/compressor products
    and the list goes on. These are all products I bought and have no problem with.
    Whaaaaat? No SINK?
    "Freedom is never more than one generation from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Haymaker View Post
    Whaaaaat? No SINK?
    That's on the list when I have extra $$$$, if there is such a thing. For right now I just use an old bucket with kero and a scrub brush. The wife loves going there for all her lawn junk{oops I mean stuff}. She bought a crapload of those solar marker lights, and now she wants more

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by jjcc246 View Post
    i have a copy of a harborfreight 20% coupon that is good to 05/26/10. I made it into a .jpg so you can copy and print it.
    So, as many of us that want can use this coupon? Seems the barcode may be unique to a specific customer so they can track who uses them. I use to get the 20% off coupons via e-mail every month, then they became 15% off coupons on any one item. Now, I never get them via e-mail, just sales items, most of which, or really all of which, I'm not interested in. My local HF is almost an hour away, so I don't go there for nick nacks, only when I have a definite need. I use to wait for the 20% coupons, but for some reason, they've cut me off. How many of you have used this coupon successfully? If more than a few, I'll print it out and try using it. Thanks
    Chris

2 acres and a mule, er, Kubota BX25, and too many other toys,er, tools to list.

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Quote Originally Posted by CHDinCT View Post
    So, as many of us that want can use this coupon? Seems the barcode may be unique to a specific customer so they can track who uses them.
    I haven't used this one in particular but I frequently print out a jpg or pdf coupon I download and take it into HF. Never had a problem. As usual it is 20% off the highest priced item. I've even copied one coupon four or five times and used them on different trips to HF. Again, no issue so long as the coupon is still within the active dates.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

Quote Originally Posted by CHDinCT View Post
    So, as many of us that want can use this coupon?
    I can second what IslandTractor said. I've used printed coupons regularly and never had a problem so long as the coupon was within the posted dates. I've had the same luck whether I go to the closest HF store (an hour away) or if I go the the HF store in Salt Lake City when I'm visiting the inlaws.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    B6100DT

Quote Originally Posted by 20 20 View Post

.........carpenter pencil.......

That's good to know!!!

Dan C.
    B6100DT, FEL, BH

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danno1 View Post
    That's good to know!!!

You wouldn't think someone could screw up a pencil, but I bought a cheap pack at an office supply store (not carpenter pencils) and every time you sharpen them, a 1/4" of lead falls out of the end. You keep sharpening until the new pencil is like 2" long!

Tractor
    09 1533 Massy

Quote Originally Posted by The Haymaker View Post
    Whaaaaat? No SINK?
    I bought that stupid thing and the pump burnt out the first time I used it. Still use it to scrub parts in though.

hi
    broke college wrencher here ive had plenty of HF dos and donts
    ill link where i can find
    1/2 extendable ratchet(pearhead)5/5
    seriously great the handle slides out to 18 inches turning it into a breaker bar
    15$

pittsburgh metric wrenches 4/5
    these have really held up well, but the open end likes to round and opens if you crank too hard on it, i mostly like box end anyway and am not afraid to drag these to junkyard and hammered them with no problems, used them alot
    20$with coupon
    - Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

allen wrenches 5/5
    these are great used them all summer and no problem
    got both sae and metric
    5$

1/2 impact socket set 5/5
    I have used these for everything, my 1/2 ingersoll has had no problems with them, use them as normal sockets all the time, only complaint is the paint wears out if you let it rub when you turn it but who really cares for 30$

60 pc tap and die 5/5
    i have these and used these to tap everything from a s10 bed to head on a mazda, and they have been very good and dirt cheap
    30$

Go thru sockets 5/5
    Used these all the time, you can crank with no problem on these 6 pts even use them as deep wells with the extension on there and a 3/4 " socket
    25 with coupon

Cheapo rotary tool 2/5
    pretty terrible, the acc with it were complete garbage and replaced it with dremel bits and it worked for a while but not much umph or hours of usage pretty junky but told me i didnt use a rotary tool enough to buy a decent one
    5$

Impact Swivels 2/5
    really not so useful took alot of the punch out of the impact gun, then when you try to use it at an angle it caught and slammed my hand into the leaf springs(removing rear shocks), now i just use alot of 1/2 " extensions use them as normal universals now
    10$

Pipe Bender 2/5
    This thing didnt work for me, its got plenty of power used it to bend out smashed 2" pipe with 1/4" walls but likes to mash what your working on shouldve used a sand mandrel(How to Bend Steel Tubing | eHow.com) and woulda worked better, will try again and use angle finders to get it right
    89$ with coupon

Pittsburgh pro vice grips 5/5
    These were decent i only grabbed them because i was in a rush or i would've grabbed the cheaper ones but these have lasted and you can clamp like a mother with them(granted not nearly good as my old wizard set or the vice grips i found in the junk yard)
    8$

Air body Saw 1/5
    My friend bought one to cut out holes in his body panels, didn't work for love nor money, maybe with a bigger compressor but it wouldnt cut with the course or fine blade
    10$ with coupon

4 ton bottle jack 5/5
    really a great purchase, used it to change tires, lift and lower transmissions, lift and lower engines, even used one to push a tractor tire down far enough to pull out the tube and patch it
    this little guy is a champ, the handle it comes with is garbage but throw in some leftover pipe as a solid one and your ready to rock
    10$ on sale

torque muliplier 3/5
    Pretty useful to keep in your truck because the ******* before you at the shop went nuts with the impact gun and you dont want to jump up and down on the tire iron( who woulda guessed they bend so easy) saved me a few times when there was no compressor for miles(gotta be a good samaritan right?)
    15$ sale and a 20% off

mini air compressor 5/5
    My old one didnt see much use til i lent it to a freind, havent seen it since, super handy in an emergency esp when youre out in hte woods, just plug hte hole and air it up til you get to town
    7$ sale

Heres the rest i couldnt find links for

plier set rollup
    crap and poorly machined pliers and broke a few, ok for small stuff, hte long nose ones were pretty use full
    7 $ 2/5

socket holders
    got a few of them they are ok but not great
    1.5 $ 4/5

wrench holder
    red plastic ones, ok dont really hold wrenches that great but oh well
    3$ 3/5

Socket set (1/4 and 3/8)
    they had a real stinker broke every one in the kit and ended up using the ratchet as a spare hammer; and that was after only 1 use
    5$ 0/5

Many thanks to all you guys for pointing out whats worked and doesnt helps alot with making it easier to know whats fubar, bought a better vice for 20$ at a yard sale and 20$ for a great northern tools ratchet

also heres a link to a page with good generic 20% coupons , id been scouring for a new one for a while www.harborfreightusa.com/hotrod

thanks again guys
    Last edited by greasemonkey123; 03-05-2010 at 02:23 AM.

Page 91 of 421 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101141191 ... LastLast