Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,091  
You only need a plug on one end. Seal one end and use the remaining plugs on the other ends. Maybe a layer of tape would make them tighter.

Bruce

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,092  
2V Max Lithium 1/2 in. Cordless Xtreme Torque Impact Wrench Kit

While I did not leave last night with any of the 40 volt tools I did bring the above home and hope to play with it tonight. With the discounts it was only about $50 more than their 1/2" Bauer with well less than half of the torque bolt breakaway (whatever that means in the real world) rating. The two year extended in store replacement if it fails cost about $40 and on this one on I went for it since I may not get to push it hard in the covered 90 days period.

We may move to the Bauer line of 20 volt lithium for other power tools instead of the Kobalt from Lowes which has been fine until time to replace batteries and chargers. Not sure if there are other tools that will work with the Earthquake XT batteries but I would lean in that direction if there was.

As a follow up the bench mark test of our new XT Impact Wrench as successful. There was Ford F800 out of the early 80's in the shop for AC work. The shop owner said the owner was not successful with air impacts to remove the 1.5 inch lug nuts so give our new EarthQuake XT a go at it.

It would turn in a few degrees then I would reverse it a few degrees and try again. It was giving the impact a workout for sure so the shop owner tried tightening it more and it came off. I thought he had somehow twisted off the stud.

The issue was the lugs were left handed threads.

He said he was going to tell the owner and consider one for his shop because he never thought it had a shot at the task but it was even able to tighten it even tighter when we were working in the wrong direction.

I had picked up the 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch adapter and a 3/4" set of 1-1.5" sockets when at HF.

If interested read the reviews and decide for yourself. I was prepared to return it but did well. While it is strong long term still is an unknown but I paid for two years beyond the 90 period for an instore exchange should it fail.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,093  
Anyone with HF tool cabinets have a solution for this?

View attachment 554963

The little black plugs that hold the drawer lables in fall out and I have lost a few.

Any ingenious tricks to keep them from falling out but still be removable?
Substitute ideas for the ones I've lost?

At work we just use pliers to crimp the ends of the aluminum so they can't slide out. If needed a cheap slotted screwdriver and hammer can be used to open up the ends enough to get the insert out. You could just put some RTV on the ends.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,094  
At work we just use pliers to crimp the ends of the aluminum so they can't slide out. If needed a cheap slotted screwdriver and hammer can be used to open up the ends enough to get the insert out. You could just put some RTV on the ends.

Dang. Both of those seem like pretty darn good solutions. Exactly why I asked here. Thanks!

And good point Bruce about only needing one end.

:drink:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,095  
Anyone with HF tool cabinets have a solution for this?

View attachment 554963

The little black plugs that hold the drawer lables in fall out and I have lost a few.

Any ingenious tricks to keep them from falling out but still be removable?
Substitute ideas for the ones I've lost?

I agree with making one end fixed, and the other removable- but if you want the fixed end to be more aesthetically pleasing, you could mold it out of [black] Sugru:
Amazon.com: +sugru: Industrial & Scientific

Home
| Sugru

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,096  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,098  
How long does that HF string trimmer run on a battery. It's not that I need a lot of time, maybe 20 minutes. Also, is it lighter and easier to handle for 20 minutes compared to my 2 smoker Echo?
Consider where the weight is. Just the bar and chain up top is usually easier to handle than the electrics that have the motor at the top.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,099  
I see a 20ft telescoping flagpole on sale for $44 at HF. Any experience? I would like to move my flag from the side of our house to a more prominent position.