Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,121  
The local HF store here in the back room has a couple of pallets stacked high with new, mounted tires.

I suspect it is for swapping your recalled tires.

Bruce

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,123  
I picked up the 40v leaf blower at HF tonight. I am a bit confused because the charger is only 36 volts per the Lynxx manual in the box.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,124  
I haven't seen this HF item mentioned for a while, the 4-side diamond hone. It's a product that is as good as you hoped.

image_25043.jpg

I just used it this morning to sharpen the rotary cutters of my electric razor. Excellent results, the cutters now shear instead of tug.

It's most recent use was to take the final burr off an old, blunt axe that I sharpened on the belt sander. Versatile!

These are excellent sharpeners and we use them for kitchen knives. The surface does either plug or wears out over time, however. We found we could extend usable life by making sure whatever we were sharpening was 100% clean first so there was nothing that could add to plugging the stone surface. Washing the stone with soap and a brush also helps.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#9,125  
The local HF store here in the back room has a couple of pallets stacked high with new, mounted tires.

I suspect it is for swapping your recalled tires.

Bruce
I need a spare wheel and tire for my HF trailer. It has the 12" tires. Does anyone know if these wheels are HF unique or can I buy one somewhere else? I think I heard that the wheel bearings are not standard.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,126  
I don't know about the hubs but the wheels and tires are standard. The 4 lug ones are called 4 on 4 (the diameter of the bolt pattern is 4"). The 5 lug wheels are called 5 on 4 1/2 (they are a 4.5" diameter circle).

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,127  
I need a spare wheel and tire for my HF trailer. It has the 12" tires. Does anyone know if these wheels are HF unique or can I buy one somewhere else? I think I heard that the wheel bearings are not standard.
They are standard. Small trailer wheels typically have 4 or 4.5 4 or 5 bolt circles.

My wheels were recalled and they gave me new ones with Carlisles mounted.

Bought a carrier from eTrailer as it was same price and better made than the HF model.

The wheel bearings are also standard - but metric standard. Most US trailers have inch bearings. No biggies. Here is a great write up: Replacement hubs/bearings for Harbor Freight trailers

Still do not see them on the website or in stores. Folks are buying the steel or aluminum folding kits from Northern Tool instead. Every time I think about getting a bigger, better trailer I have to wheel mine around by hand, which is very easy. Have the 1750 capacity 4x8 fixed with 2” receiver.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,128  
These wheels and tires are universal in the world of boat trailers so that might be where to buy a spare tire.

I once needed a replacement tire for my tent trailer when I was on the road. All I could find in a small town was a 5.30x8 range D, apparently intended for low-boy equipment haulers. It has far more plies and a greater weight capacity compared to utility trailer tires. I now carry that one as a compact emergency spare for my 4x8 trailer that has 12" tires. It would look funny limping home but its weight capacity is sufficient.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,129  
Got a Jumbo 36" Pry Bar a few weeks ago. The right size to move thing around and into place without bending over. Person at register wanted to know where I found them. Told him they were in back of pry bar rack. All you can see is handle. $16 with 20% off and tax.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,130  
I bought a pair of needle nose pliers last time I was at HF. They’re pretty much an exact copy of my Klein pliers with nearly the same quality. I’m pretty happy for $12. My $24 dollar set of impact sockets is pretty good too.IMG_4249.JPG