Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #961  
HF is not big in our area but we get to Opry Mills Mall in Nashville TN from time to time and i love to shop Work Shop Tools. They have a lot of off the wall stuff. We did pick up the 7/8 to 2" 3/4 rachet/pull handle combo for working on the backhoe, tractor and dump truck for $39.97 which is the same as on E-bay but they have a $35 shipping charge.

HF, etc $7 long, long screw driver set comes in handle when need which is more and more often as I loose range of motion. HF tools that get used 3x a year vs. 1000x a year in a professional shop can be just as good. One knows not to put a 6' cheater pipe on a $40 3/4 drive ratch with a 2" socket. :)

WST did have a nice looking 40" 1" drive pull handle but it was $80.

Let us face it if it was not for the HF sources some of us would have fewer hand tools. :) Those huge pliers, adjustable and pipe wrenches are a hoot to have when you need them. $20 bucks will get you some big stuff.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #962  
Two things that do not suck...or maybe just suck less...

First is the "security bit set" that is an odd assortment of maybe 50 or 75 screwdriver bits that fit virtually every odd security screw head made. You don't need it every day but when you meet a metric socket head 8 point screw head, you're covered. Often on sale for a few dollars.

Ditto on the small boxes of assorted copper washers or "O" rings, star washers or other similar items. Not stuff you need eery day but when you do the assortment saves time, money and aggravation. Often on sale for $5 or $6.

Just my two cents.

I wished I saw those security bits before i brought 10 from ebay for like $8

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #963  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #964  
Dust system for wood shop, same as sears sells for twice the price!!! Aaron

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #965  
has anyone tried any of the LED work lights? Which one is worth my time?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #966  
has anyone tried any of the LED work lights? Which one is worth my time?

I have a cheap rechargable plastic LED work light from HF. I would say that it works well enough for convenience sake but it is certainly not powerful nor is it built to take any abuse at all. Still, I keep it charged near the tractor and find it quite useful. I don't think it cost more than ten bucks and for that price it is nice to have.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #967  
LOL, I bought one of those headband lights from HF a month or so ago. I can't give a real assessment of it though. I had it on for a whole minute or two when I bashed my head into a cross member walking under my truck changing the oil. Smashed it all to heck and pretty well dropped me to my knees. Maybe I ought to buy a hard hat next time since I always seem to whack my head on something when I have a vehicle up on a lift. :eek:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #968  
LOL, I bought one of those headband lights from HF a month or so ago. I can't give a real assessment of it though. I had it on for a whole minute or two when I bashed my head into a cross member walking under my truck changing the oil. Smashed it all to heck and pretty well dropped me to my knees. Maybe I ought to buy a hard hat next time since I always seem to whack my head on something when I have a vehicle up on a lift. :eek:

Oh, Man! That's funny. I feel your pain.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #969  

Dargo, I'd pay for your Harbor Freight tools just to watch you use them.:laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #970