Cordless impact wrenches

/ Cordless impact wrenches #11  
I use the dewalt for the lug nuts on my tractor (swapping duals on and off - takes about 5 minutes to do 4 tires). It is adequate for that purpose. I would not trust it for a car without doing a final hand tightening. Would be nice if it had a little more power.

Ken

/ Cordless impact wrenches #12  
I've used both the Dewalt and the Snap on. Weight is one big difference you notice first. The Snap on is very heavy compared to the Dewalt. The Snap on does have good power and torque. The Dewalt I think would work alright for small things. For anything heavyduty I would go with the Snap on.

Solo

/ Cordless impact wrenches #13  
I've got the Snap On, and i've got to admit i wasn't expecting much performance. I was totally wrong...... it has removed every lug nut i've put in front of it ! Of course..... i've not asked it to do work meant for my IR231, so i have to say i'm VERY pleased with it !:)

/ Cordless impact wrenches #14  
How much difference in power do you think there is between the Snap-On battery powered impact and your IR231. The Snap-On is claiming 400 ft./lbs. and the IR231 is supposed to be 425 ft./lbs. Is that Snap-On really that close?

I've owned a couple of corded half inch electrics in the past, but they were in the neighborhood of 210 to 240 ft./lbs. Very handy at the time, but no comparison to the IR231.

/ Cordless impact wrenches #15  
RickB said:
Looking at Dewalt (because I have other 18V tools & charger), Snap-On, and Matco (because they service the shop I work at). SnapOn CT4850HO advertizes 400ft/lbs to the Dewalt DW059's 300 and Matco MPTL192WVS with 240ft/lb. Is there a misprint in the Snappy website, or are they really that far out in front???

i used a snap-on one at a buddies mechnic shop. Not only was it light weight, the same weight if not lighter than my HF impact.... but had more power.

ran the lugs right off my truck like it was nothing. I was way impressed.

but for the cost of a small third world child... id expect nothing less.

/ Cordless impact wrenches #16  
I have a whole drawer in my tool box full of Snap On cordless tools. In my opinion there is no equal to their quality or performance. Go Snap On and you'll never go back. :D