ford 1200 crankshaft??

/ ford 1200 crankshaft?? #1  

macoun23

i have a ford 1200. early 80's model. i have a cracked crankshaft, and i havent been able to find a new one. its a 2cyl.
its impossible to find parts for it. any one know of a motor i can replace it with, or any leads to find a crankshaft and bearings?

/ ford 1200 crankshaft?? #2  
Your abour eight months late. They discontinued the parts last may. Crankshafts must have been a weak link because I know of another with the same problem. Good luck finding one in usable condition.

/ ford 1200 crankshaft?? #3  
Sorry to hear about the problem. What caused it, fatigue? Are there any part connections to Japan where these engines (shibaura) are made? I have a Ford 1000 that probably has the same engine. Did you ask in the New Holland section also?

/ ford 1200 crankshaft?? #4  
The repair shop did an exhaustive search for weeks and came up with nothing. When the owner was going to bring it in all parts, block, head, crankshaft, ect were listed at his parts source. When he did finally drop it off it was too late to order as their stock had disappeared. I will bet someone bought up the remaining pieces as they may have fixed a couple of these machines. Without a motor the tractor is basically scrap. At a current shop rate making adaptors and rigging a fix may prove too costly. Besides the block is the frame of the tractor.
The block and head were in usable condition. The crank cracked in two pieces.