Trac Vac replacement parts

/ Trac Vac replacement parts #1  

Little Mac

Tractor
2007 MF GC2310TLB
Does anyone know of an online source to buy replacement parts for a Trac-Vac model 580? I am looking to buy a new turbine for mine (about 15 years old and a little worn :D ) I have a part number of 46253 in my owners manual.

Also does anyone know if they make a chute for the Massey 54" deck on my GC2310?

Thanks in advance.

/ Trac Vac replacement parts #2  
Little Mac said:
Does anyone know of an online source to buy replacement parts for a Trac-Vac model 580? I am looking to buy a new turbine for mine (about 15 years old and a little worn :D ) I have a part number of 46253 in my owners manual.

Also does anyone know if they make a chute for the Massey 54" deck on my GC2310?

Thanks in advance.

My turbine is 20+ years old and well used. I went to my local steel supplier and purchased a bendable sheet of steel the width of the turbine. Fed it into the turbine to form a new liner. Tack welded it into place. Used it all last season. Should be good for years to come....

Don

/ Trac Vac replacement parts
I will give them a shout and see what I can get. My turbine actually has about 5 broken veins on it, I thought about welding it up but I will see what a new one runs before I tackle that project. :)

/ Trac Vac replacement parts #5  
Little Mac said:
I will give them a shout and see what I can get. My turbine actually has about 5 broken veins on it, I thought about welding it up but I will see what a new one runs before I tackle that project. :)

I misunderstood. I think you're describing the impeller(turbine). I thought you were talking about the housing. The impeller/turbine would need to be high speed balanced after welding......

Don

yeah it is the main turbine. It is in rough shape, this is a chipper model as well so I think that it gets a bit more wear and tear on it.

The second problem I have i getting the darn thing off the motor! I have tried everything and it will not budge. I have several pullers etc.. nothing. Always something.

I will call Trac Vac this week and get a new one ordered, I think they run about $100.00 give or take.

/ Trac Vac replacement parts #7  
Heat applied carefully to expand the turbine so that the rust seal is broken usually goes a long way towards getting something like that unstuck. Hower it will probably take a good sized torch, not a propane soldiering one. Care will have to be extended to keep from getting to the seal on the motor. Also watch for gas vapors, as they can ruin your day if ignited.
David from jax

Contacted Palmor direct and was given GREAT help in this. He gave me the part number for the turbine / impeller and explained to me that when these get worn they get out of balance and although they will still seem to function properly it will cause damage to motor / seals. Well that was another issue I was going to look into, this thing started dumping oil out of the seal arounf output shaft of the old 5hp Briggs. I decided to look into a new motor and upgrade this one to the current 6.5hp unit on the current model 580. So he gave me Briggs # for the 6.5 motor as well as shaft dimensions. This was great help as I can now buy the new motor anywhere and have my local dealer get me the new impellor (100.00 bucks).

Just wanted to update and let you know these guys are great to deal with.