Silver Member
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota B7800 (new to me @ 435 hours

Default Hating my check chains - locked after box blading

I was doing some box blading today, and after I finished I tried to hook up my rake. Much to my displeasure the check chains (screw type) had locked up on me. I suspect that the pressure from the box blade (roots and stuff) must have caused the check chains to slip a thread.

Has anyone else had this experience with check chains, screw type? Is there a better replacement?

The good to come out of this was that I was forced to install my set of Pat's easy change in order to hook up my rake. They worked well.
    B7800 (new to me 2/6/8 @435 hours), 402 FEL, Woods GB60, RB72, LR72, PHD, Chain forks, 60 MMM

G1900 (new to me at 1100 hours), 60 inch deck, snow blade, chains

Tractor
    Kubota L2800, 15 hp 372 Mitsubishi

Default Re: Hating my check chains - locked after box blading

I have never had that problem with my L2800 screw type check chains like that or with my previous B7500. I use my BB on my L2800 on a regular basis too.

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

When adjusting check chains (or turnbuckle type) you must leave some play in them. I found on my tractor as I raise the 3pt. the turnbuckles would tighten up. The free play is not the same for full up and down positions. If I snugged the turnbuckles for no free play in the down position they would be too tight at full up and would bend or even strip the threads when raised. Check yours to see if its the same free play at full up and down positions.

Tractor
    L2800.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/c...ht=telescoping

You can call your dealer to see if they make Telescoping sway bars that would work with your tractor (or try and build them yourself). I'm trying to do that

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota B7800 (new to me @ 435 hours

Quote Originally Posted by George2615
    When adjusting check chains (or turnbuckle type) you must leave some play in them. I found on my tractor as I raise the 3pt. the turnbuckles would tighten up. The free play is not the same for full up and down positions. If I snugged the turnbuckles for no free play in the down position they would be too tight at full up and would bend or even strip the threads when raised. Check yours to see if its the same free play at full up and down positions.
    That must have been what I did. I did tighten them up in the down position, and had my top link set to bring the box blade up well off the deck. Something broken, something learned I guess.

I have left them alone the last few days as I can still do what I need to using the Pat's easy change hitches, but eventuallt I guess I will have to look into replacing them.
    B7800 (new to me 2/6/8 @435 hours), 402 FEL, Woods GB60, RB72, LR72, PHD, Chain forks, 60 MMM

G1900 (new to me at 1100 hours), 60 inch deck, snow blade, chains

Tractor
    Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger

Keep the threads lubricated. I seriously doubt that they jumped a thread.
    Brent Pepper

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7800

TractorSmart.com is your online source for kubota online parts. has the parts list to convert to the B2910 telescopic stabilizers. I recently replaced my turnbuckles and am pleased with the upgrade.

There is a diagram of the B2910 system in your owner's manual (at least there is in mine)

Tractor
    2005 TB135 Excavator with Thumb, Quick Attach System, Ripper tooth, 3' Hydrauic Tilt Clean-up Bucket, Skeleton Bucket, 1986 Kubota 4150 with Loader and Quick Attach with Woods Forks, JD B, 1963 IH 504

My 4150 kubota has the same issue. My 345 Kubota did the same thing as well. They're over $350 each.

I'm making my own out of chokers and 3/8" chain on one side and a trun buckle binder for binding loads on the other.
    2009 Kubota M7040, cab
    2005 Takeuchi 135 excavator
    1963 Oshkosh 4819
    2013 GMC 3500 6.0 w 9-2 Boss V Fisher poly Sander.
    IH 504, JD B, Ford 2n, Farmall cub, Gehl 1475 Round Baler, JD 640 rake, Vermeer 2500 Bale Wrapper, Zetor 185 Drum Mower, New Idea 217 manure Spreader, Kuhn 4 star tedder, Farmi 501 winch.
    Local 740 Portland ME
    20 Scottish Highland Beef Cattle, 3 Herefords, 3 Goats, 2 Alpacas, 2 Llama, 140+- layers, and lots of maple trees.
    Facebook: Phillip View Farm

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Quote Originally Posted by atgreene
    My 4150 kubota has the same issue. My 345 Kubota did the same thing as well. They're over $350 each.
    About $150 for the B7800 with shipping.