Help needed for new Finish Mower Tires.

/ Help needed for new Finish Mower Tires.
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. From what I understand, duelly tires increast traction, but are only marginal at floatation. In off road conditions, like farming, duels are an advantage because of the foot print and the sidewalls.

In everthing that I've heard of, wide tires offer the best floatation. This is my second most important goal here. No flat tires is number one.

I found these tires Surplus Center Item Detail that are 9 1/2 inches tall and 4 inches wide.

I'd sure like to have 12 inches tall and 6 inches wide if possible.

Ray,

I received an email from the person you PM'd me. He said;

"Your local Land Pride dealer can order #814-271C Semi-Solid tire/ wheel."

I've been trying to look this up online, but so far, nothing. I'll swing by my dealer some time next week when I'm in the area.

Thanks,
Eddie

I found the tire on Landpride's website.

The demensions for 814-271C Semi-Solid tire/ wheel are:

11x4.00-5 Rib Semi-Solid

It's on a diagram they have for the grooming mowers. I didn't know a finish mower is actually a grooming mower. Who knew? LOL

Now I need to find out what those tires cost. Anybody know of a website that has prices for Land Pride parts?

Thanks,
Eddie

/ Help needed for new Finish Mower Tires. #23  
Eddie,

The 4" wide solid tires are what I have on my grooming (finish) mower. They won't go flat but I sure wish they were a couple of inches wider. I have sandy soil and they do move the dirt (sand) around when turning and backing up. Of course if I had better grass and not so much weeds/sand it would probably be better. Good luck with your search.

Ray

/ Help needed for new Finish Mower Tires. #24  
Eddie ,
have you looked at the front wheels off of a garden tractor and then get them foam filled? I saw a tire size on a website that was 13-6-6, have a tire foam filled on the front of my Kioti that has a gash in the sidewall about 2 inches in diam. still works like a champ with all the loader work I do.

Latest update on the tires. Kubota is a Landpride dealer now, so I asked them about the tires. They cost $74 each.

I then went to Atwoods and found some 9 inch solid tires for $50 each. In comparing the two, the ones for more money are really what I wanted, so I spent the extra $100 and ordered them today.

Eddie

/ Help needed for new Finish Mower Tires. #26  
Eddie,

OUCH! $300 for those small tires!?!? Did they come with the new spindles, spacers (to adjust cutting height), washers, etc???

I think I am going to be more careful with what I run my tires into from now on!

Ray

/ Help needed for new Finish Mower Tires. #27  
rayh76 said:
Eddie,

OUCH! $300 for those small tires!?!? Did they come with the new spindles, spacers (to adjust cutting height), washers, etc???

I think I am going to be more careful with what I run my tires into from now on!

Ray

I think all those parts are extra. On my rm360 woods I don't think there are any bearings in the hubs...just bushings.

/ Help needed for new Finish Mower Tires. #28  
update on my handtruck tires on finish mower. I trailered the mower on my buddys JD 5205. when unloading obviously one of the rear tires turned sideways an dug in. knocked the solid rubber off the rim. I didnt have any thing but basic handtools with me and the job didnt need a prefect finish just knocking the weeds down, so I raised it up enough that the wheels were off the ground all day. Now that its back in the shed, I will have to see if there is a way to pound it back on the rim?

Sorry for not updating this thread. I got the tires fairly quickly as my Kubota Dealer is very good at this. My main reason for going to them for parts is how good they are at doing what they say they will, unlike my tractor dealer where I bought my other Landpride implements.

The axles on the original wheels were half inch bolts, 8 1/2 inches long. The new wheels require 3/4 inch bolts that are 8 1/2 inches long. I ordered the new bolts, washers, spacers and a 3/4 inch drill bit from McMaster Carr. They area also very good at getting things to me quickly and I like all the options you have when ordering stuff from them on their website.

I took off the brackets that hold the wheels and drilled out the holes for the axle/bolts. The wheels came with bushings, but were not wide enough for the space, so I added a one inch brass bushing to the side with the zirk fitting and a 3/4 inch washer to the other side of the wheel. I also put on a washer with the lock nut. This was fairly simple and straight forward.

The new wheels are supposed to be 11 inches and my old ones were 12 inches, but I'm a full inch lower then before. Looks like I measured something wrong. Anyway, I ran it at that level to see how it would do.

The wheels are awesome. No issues at all, it still floats over the soft sand and mud, and I'm not worried about backing up and spinning around.

The height is too low and I'm scalping in a few areas. It's not real bad, but I really should have addes another one inch spacer to raise it up an inch.

Too late, I was trying to mow before the 4th of July where we have family over for the day and fireworks in the evening. I got the mowing just about done when I hit dirt. I have three mower blades, and the outside blade on the right hit the dirt. The belt came off and the bearings are all over the place. I parked it and haven't looked at it yet. It's on my list as I'm hurting to get some more mowing done, but stupid mistakes on my part are causing me to spend more time and money then I had planned on.

I'll post pics when I get it back up and working.

Eddie

/ Help needed for new Finish Mower Tires. #30  
i spent $100 to have the tires on my howes finish mower poly filled was well worth it. had a blade break and hit the wheel the rim has a dent but no flats