Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

Default Help needed for new Finish Mower Tires.

I have a used 7ft Landpride Finish Mower. When I bought it, there was two flat tires. I had them fixed, but have had several more flat tires with it. Most of the problems are dirt around the rim and the seal breaks. I've tried just going forward, but that's not practical in allot of areas.

Yesterday, while mowing, I noticed that part of one tire had shredded. I figured that it was toast, so I just kept on mowing. You can see in the picture what several hours of mowing with it has done.

I'm not going to put anymore money into tubes or repairs. I want to replace all four tires with solid tires and new wheels. I've looked in my catalogs, but can only find replacement tires and tubes. The solids are all allot smaller, which I don't want. I like the width of the tires, which allows them to float to some degree over the ground when it's wet.

Current tire size is 13x5.00-6

I'm assuming this means the tire is 13 inches tall and the rim is 5 inches. Does the 6 mean that it's 6 inches wide? There is a bolt that goes through the middle that mounts the wheels. I grease this with a fitting that's in the wheel.

Wheelbarrow tire and wheel combinations look similar, but I'm worried they might not be strong enough for what the finish mower goes through. Maybe they are?

Does anybody know a source for replacement, solid tires of this size?

Thanks,
    Eddie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -finish-mower-001-small-jpg  

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660

Default Re: Help needed for new Finish Mower Tires.

It's 5.00 wide and the wheel is 6".

Tractor
    jd 1070

The tire size is variable because you can set the gauge wheel heights with spacers. TSC has solid rubber and filled replacement tires to substitute for the air filled ones. Maybe the other option would be to put a shield (chains?) on the discharge to prevent the shredded material from hurting the tires.
    There is no "I" in team, but there is a "Me" if you want to jumble it up a bit...

Tractor
    Kubota L4240

Try Mitchell Industrial Tire Co. (Mitco)

Mitchell Industrial Tire Company

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Eddie, I had the same problem with a piece of crap King Kutter I bought at TSC. Worst money I have ever spent. I had a tire do the same thing in the first 300' I mowed with it. Over the 4 years I owned it I put $800 in parts not to mention all the frustration and time lost. I have since replaced it with a Caroni, no comparison. It has solid tires. Anyway I got all new tires, wheels, ect from Northern Tool for the KK. They did not show them in the catalog but do a search on the site and you will find they have tons.

As said before your tires currently are 13.5" tall, 5.00" wide, and mounted on 6.00" rims. What is the most important is the spindle dia. I am guessing it is either 1/2", 5/8", or 3/4". You need to get this figured out first. Here is what I put on that KK. It may be a little small for your mower, mine was only a 6' model.
    Lawn Mower Style | Flat Free Wheels | Tires + Wheels | Northern Tool + Equipment

You many not find the same height tire but as mentioned before you can adjust the deck height as needed.

Chris

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Just took a look at Landprides web site and it looks like they have gotten away from the pneumatic tires all together, smart move. They have went to a solid tire the same size as the one I posted above. I guess that is a industry standard now. I would look at making them work.

Going from a 13.5" tire to a 9.00" tire will only result in a 2.25" loss in mow hight. You should be able to make that up with the adjustment shims used on the spindles. You will have to shim out the difference between the 5.00" width and the 3.5" width, but hey you are a smart guy and will figure that out.

Chris

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondpilot
    They have went to a solid tire the same size as the one I posted above. I guess that is a industry standard now.

Chris
    Industry standard?? That's pretty optimistic.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    New Holland Boomer2030

You could have all four tires filled with foam. No more worries.

Solo

Silver Member
    Tractor
    CaseIH DX40

I have solid tires on my Landpride finish mower. I emailed Landpride and talked with my dealer because the solid tires are too narrow for my sandy soil. They do have the option to go with pneumatic tires if you wish but they are only 1/4 of an inch wider than the solid (if I remember right). If you do go from a tube tire to a solid tire, you may have to change spindles, etc. May get expensive.
    Case DX40, Landpride Finish Mower FDR2572, LP Box Blade BB2572, LP Post Hole Digger PD25, LP Tiller RTR2072, LP Rotary Cutter RCR1872, LP Landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels LR2584. Old 2 row planter, disk, 2 row cultivator, 3 pt lift, 2 bottom plow. CCM Hydraulic TOP Link.

Tractor
    JD 4610 ehydro MFWD

Quote Originally Posted by EddieWalker
    I have a used 7ft Landpride Finish Mower. When I bought it, there was two flat tires. I had them fixed, but have had several more flat tires with it. Most of the problems are dirt around the rim and the seal breaks. I've tried just going forward, but that's not practical in allot of areas.

Yesterday, while mowing, I noticed that part of one tire had shredded. I figured that it was toast, so I just kept on mowing. You can see in the picture what several hours of mowing with it has done.

I'm not going to put anymore money into tubes or repairs. I want to replace all four tires with solid tires and new wheels. I've looked in my catalogs, but can only find replacement tires and tubes. The solids are all allot smaller, which I don't want. I like the width of the tires, which allows them to float to some degree over the ground when it's wet.

Current tire size is 13x5.00-6

I'm assuming this means the tire is 13 inches tall and the rim is 5 inches. Does the 6 mean that it's 6 inches wide? There is a bolt that goes through the middle that mounts the wheels. I grease this with a fitting that's in the wheel.

Wheelbarrow tire and wheel combinations look similar, but I'm worried they might not be strong enough for what the finish mower goes through. Maybe they are?

Does anybody know a source for replacement, solid tires of this size?

Thanks,
    Eddie
    Eddie, what model is that mower? Landpride has that size semi-solid tire and wheel listed in the parts manual.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast