Deutz Allis 5215 No Power

/ Deutz Allis 5215 No Power #1  

KMH1972

I jsut had the hydro transmission repaired...put everything back together and there is not very much power. It goes forward & reverse fine and all the hydraulics seem to work. It has a "whine" when it has to give any extra effort. There just seems to be a major lack of power. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

/ Deutz Allis 5215 No Power #2  
I would guess that you are sucking air into the inlet of the charge pump. That is a common problem with HST's, and very hard to diagnose.

The other problem could be a relief valve that is lifting to soon. The HST pump and the auxiliary pump are completely seperated, with a common sump, in most tractors, though I don't know about yours.

Also, on some tractors, there is a filter on the HST charge pump inlet that causes problems.

Chris

/ Deutz Allis 5215 No Power #3  
Is the pto at full power.. or is engine power low as well motive power?

soundguy

/ Deutz Allis 5215 No Power
I have not tried the PTO yet. Engine is at full power and stays at full power when the drive seems to bog down. The hydraulics on the bucket seem a bit rough and cause a bit of the same whine when operating.

I've been doing some troubleshooting. Definately seems to be coming from what must be the pump up near the engine. I took out the valve on the top and the oil definately has air in it. It was all full of bubbles. I checked the two "rubber" connections and both seem tight. Somehow either I need to get the air out of the system or find out if their is a l eak where it is getting in.

/ Deutz Allis 5215 No Power #6  
Foamed oil can be cavitation.. or a suction side leak. Foamed oil is bad for the hyd system. do check on flow restrictions.. or suction leaks at filters.. etc..

soundguy

I am thinking I need to bleed the system, but am not sure how to do it on this tractor. Can anyone help??

I talked to the local AgCo dealer. This tractor does not need to be bled as it has a vent in the reservoir. I did not remove or change the suction filters when I drained the system. Would this play any part??

/ Deutz Allis 5215 No Power #9  
The systemd;s really self bleeding, in that there should be a constant flow of fresh, air free oil flowing into the HST circuit from the sump.

Given that you just got into the system, you may want to check and clean the suction strainer(which I am under the impression that all HST's have). If it got plugged, you would be more likely to have a leak into the system.

The lines that can suck air are relatively short, with relatively few fittings. None of the lines under pressure need to be checked.

This sort of problem can be tough. I would go through the system, and tighten all the hyrdaulic fittings and clamps.

Good Luck.
Chris

/ Deutz Allis 5215 No Power #10  
I have a Duetz-Allis 5215 ,that I purchased last year . I love the tractor but after a few hours of work , the hydro transmission slows down , My question is who rebuilt your hydro trans , and where did they get the parts . I might have to have mine rebuilt . Now for your question , you might have air in the system that you will have to work out by shifting the lever through all gears including your high , mid and low shift lever . sometimes air gets in the system and is hard to get out . I have had to work new power steering pumps back and forth in order to get the air out . I have also had to work the shifters back and forth after I have rebuilt various transmissions . All hydrolics sometimes get air trapped inside ,to include brakes .Hope this is the problem , instead iof a teardown