Help making a new fuel line for the Kubota?

/ Help making a new fuel line for the Kubota? #1  

8NLUGNUT

Silver Member
Tractor
Several Fords, four Japanese tractors
We're going to make a new fuel line for the old L260 this week.

I want to make sure I do it right the first time so it's good for hundreds of hours of air leak free operation.

I have made fuel lines for gas tractors but this will be the first diesel.

I'm guessing I'll be using a combination of some type of flex line and maybe metal line.

1. Is there a specific sealer for diesel fuel line joints?

2. Specific type of flex line? Plastic, Rubber.....

Any hints about diesel lines I need to know to get it right?

Any help is alway appreciated.

/ Help making a new fuel line for the Kubota? #2  
I have found that making a diesel line is no different than a gasoline line. Steel tube is such overkill as far as pressure ratings go, but better 2000% too strong than 1% too weak. Just make sure you have the correct ends. On some imported machines I have seen banjo fittings used. There are ways around them. :D I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you. I am running out of places to hide the bodies.
Just kidding, Andy.

/ Help making a new fuel line for the Kubota?
I made the new line out of rubber hose and still no luck on starting but at least I know I don't have anymore air leaks.

/ Help making a new fuel line for the Kubota? #4  
Fittings will probably be of flair/dbl fl, or compression style.. none of those need sealer. Any male to female pipe fittings, other than a swivel will want some sealer... like harvey's.. or gasoila.. etc..

soundguy

/ Help making a new fuel line for the Kubota? #5  
Wayne County Hose said:
There are ways around them. :D I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you. I am running out of places to hide the bodies.
Just kidding, Andy.

The diesels I worked on had banjo fittings. They were metric and the OEM provided an inlet banjo fitting with a 3/8" pipe thread. But in a pinch you could carefully grind off the pressed on hose end to expose a barb under neath. Some 600 grit sandpaper, a flat spot, and some rubbing will touch up the copper washers.

Hope I didn't let the cat out. :D