Rhino 172 replacement blades, Where?

/ Rhino 172 replacement blades, Where? #1  

krackerjack9

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400
Hi I been getting a buch of use out of Rhino 172 and in this area its pretty common to run across some caileche rock. Its not that hard but it does put some dents. Plus I been mowing alot of Texas sage and brush for some ranchers and deer lease guys. So looking at my blades im going to be needing to replace them oh in the next 2 or 3 months. The size end to end is 27 1/2 x 1/2 x 3 inches. I know if I go to the dealer thier going to be $$$$$. I have found some that are about a 1in shorter so I loose 2 inches of overall cutting width.

As I was searching around it seemed alot of blades were similar in size. I would like to try a 4in wide blade.

The only thing I really dont know is the hole size for the bolt assembly.

Thanks for any thoughts or imput. Geo

/ Rhino 172 replacement blades, Where? #2  
TSC or your local farm supply store. Some might recommend an online place but seems like a waist in shipping for solid chunks of steel that weigh 60 lbs

/ Rhino 172 replacement blades, Where? #3  
You need to know their length, width, thickness, amount of offset, and bore diameter of bolt hole. I was in a TSC store last night. They had blades to fit one of my Bush Hog mowers. I pay just under $60 pr. from Bush Hog. TSC's replacements were $22 each. Not sure of quality of metal, ect, but in most cases, they'll do the trick. Bought a couple sets to try.

Maybe someone out there that owns a Rhino 172 can let us in on a part #. Then contact Agri-Supply, or maybe Valu-Bilt, if they aren't available at TSC.

As alast resort, try a Rhino dealer ;)

/ Rhino 172 replacement blades, Where? #4  
Found the Rhino part #. It's 00785567

Here's a good source.

Rotary Cutter Blades

Blade dimentions are;

Click on Rhino parts (to left) and enter that part #,

Overall blade length, 28"
Tip to center of hole 25.75"
Blade width 3"
Blade thickness .50"
Offset height 2.125"
CCW rotation.

In stock at $31.12 each

/ Rhino 172 replacement blades, Where?
was that In stock at TSC????? Looking to get some next week

/ Rhino 172 replacement blades, Where? #6  
Hi I been getting a buch of use out of Rhino 172 and in this area its pretty common to run across some caileche rock. Its not that hard but it does put some dents. Plus I been mowing alot of Texas sage and brush for some ranchers and deer lease guys. So looking at my blades im going to be needing to replace them oh in the next 2 or 3 months. The size end to end is 27 1/2 x 1/2 x 3 inches. I know if I go to the dealer thier going to be $$$$$. I have found some that are about a 1in shorter so I loose 2 inches of overall cutting width.

As I was searching around it seemed alot of blades were similar in size. I would like to try a 4in wide blade.

The only thing I really dont know is the hole size for the bolt assembly.

Thanks for any thoughts or imput. Geo

Try MoKan Outdoor Power 877-743-1287