My Harbor Freight Quick Release 3-point Hitch Success

/ My Harbor Freight Quick Release 3-point Hitch Success #1  

tsterkel

Bronze Member
Tractor
2202 Kubota
Bought the Harbor Freight Quick 3 point hitch that has been discussed here. I decided to open a new thread, with my experiences. I will add as soon as I can figure out how to add pictures. Bottom line, it fits everything I have, even that 40 year old disc harrow.

specs:
93691-0VGA 3-POINT QUICK HITCH.
* It is the one with the inside clearance of 26-1/2"
* Fits most category 1 tractors
* 4-position draw pin adjustments
* Meets ASAE specifications
* Weight: 60 lbs.
* Includes pins and clips.
* Draw pin adjustments: 18'', 19'', 20'' and 21'',
* Overall dimensions: 30" W x 24" H

first notes.
1. I have found that I needed a different position on the draw pin on every implement. the repeated bolting/unbolting of two bolts, ticked me off. After checking on the prices of pins, I took the two bolts, drilled holes and put pins in them. I now just pull the pins, the bolts, position the draw and put the bolts back in.
2. The 40 year old disc harrow is a "perfect fit." Too perfect. There is only about an 1/8 inch clearance. I am taking out the grinder to make it more like an 1/2 inch, which is more my speed.
3. I did not have to change anything on my tractor. no grinding. Apparently those problems refer to the older versions.

/ My Harbor Freight Quick Release 3-point Hitch Success #2  
Hi tsterkel,

Good information, thanks for sharing your experiences, I've been debating buying one of these, guess I give one a try.

Tks,
BY:D

/ My Harbor Freight Quick Release 3-point Hitch Success #3  
You can always buy the adaptor and not have to mess with the bolts at all.

/ My Harbor Freight Quick Release 3-point Hitch Success
Texas Dodge said:
You can always buy the adaptor and not have to mess with the bolts at all.
yes/no, then I have to buy one for each implement. ka-ching!

/ My Harbor Freight Quick Release 3-point Hitch Success #5  
I've got one of the HF quick hitches too. The rototiller I just got finally pushed me to modify the QH a little. Had to grind the lower hooks with a little taper on the inside edges to let the pins set in. The top hook throat had to be opened a little as well. It fits like a glove now.

I like Tsterkel's idea of replacing the bolts with pins.

Honey? I gotta pick up something at the tractor store! Need anything? :rolleyes:

/ My Harbor Freight Quick Release 3-point Hitch Success
Window Geek said:
...The rototiller I just got finally pushed me to modify the QH a little. Had to grind the lower hooks with a little taper on the inside edges to let the pins set in. ...
Honey? I gotta pick up something at the tractor store! Need anything? :rolleyes:
Now that you mention it, a little taper on the inside edge would help on those implements where the pin collar is a "perfect fit." aka 1/8 inch or less clearance. In next couple of days, I am getting out the grinder and will add that to my "touch-ups."
All in all, this is a surprisingly nice piece of equipment for something this cheap.