Use of compressed air tools

/ Use of compressed air tools #41  
They make a small device that I believe most folks call a torque stick that resembles an extension that goes between the impact wrench and the socket that will not allow the lugnuts or other nuts to be tightened beyond a given torque.
They come in different torque values for different vehicles and are usually sold in sets. Snap-on, Mac Tools, K-Tool and others sell them.
Also most impact wrenches have a contol know that controls the amount of torque the wrench produces. You may have to do some experimenting with your equipment to see what your particular equipment will produce. Also the longer you hold the trigger down after it gets snug will somewhat control final torque.
BTW I always use a torque wrench for the final tightening of auto or pickup lug nuts just for the peace of mind it gives me.
Bill

/ Use of compressed air tools #42  
The "new" OSHA-acceptable ones don't put out much air though /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Use of compressed air tools #43  
I chunk the OSHA tip and buy a piece of ready to use brake line. Take your blower in and match the threads. You then need to braze the fitting on one end to the tubing and cut the other end off. Screw the fitting into the blower tight with some teflon tape and you're ready to go. I used to have four or five tubes made up, you can get those brake lines four or five feet long and if you're careful you can bend them to go around corners and such.

/ Use of compressed air tools #44  
Yep, Brad, and one of mine is simply a piece of quarter inch copper tubing so I could bend it the way I wanted.

/ Use of compressed air tools #45  
Bird

When the kids were younger we used the compressor for rocketry. We would take a plastic liter bottle and glue fins on it. Then we would take a cork and drill a hole in it and epoxy a tube in it. With some spare pieces and ingenuity you can hook up a valve stem to connect your air hose to the cork with the tube. We would make our "fuel" line about 15 feet long to stay back from the rocket for safety. Fill the liter bottle about 1/4 full of water then stick the cork in the bottle. Turn the bottle upside down, we made a wire frame to loosely hold the bottle upright. Give your rocket a shot of air and prepare to get wet. These bottle rockets would fly 1-2 hundred feet. It was a great way to spend a hot afternoon with my children. The kids now grown still talk about our water rockets.

/ Use of compressed air tools #46  
That's one I never heard of before./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif