Parts price comparison

/ Parts price comparison #1  

souvenircopy

Looking into buying my first tractor for a 20 acre horse farm in central KY. Need to be able to mow, harrow, move posts, move hay, pull manure spreader, etc. No plowing or tilling.

Looking at two different new tractors right now:
Mahindra 4110
Kubota L4400

Has anyone had good, bad or indifferent experience with finding parts or the cost of parts for either? Any customer services issues?

/ Parts price comparison #2  
just my .02, but kubota parts would probably be easier to find. especially when the equipment gets a few years old.

/ Parts price comparison
wheels910 said:
just my .02, but kubota parts would probably be easier to find. especially when the equipment gets a few years old.

What makes you say that? Is Mahindra closing up?

Where we are, there are two Mahindra dealers and one Kubota dealer.

/ Parts price comparison #4  
souvenircopy said:
Looking into buying my first tractor for a 20 acre horse farm in central KY. Need to be able to mow, harrow, move posts, move hay, pull manure spreader, etc. No plowing or tilling.

Looking at two different new tractors right now:
Mahindra 4110
Kubota L4400

Has anyone had good, bad or indifferent experience with finding parts or the cost of parts for either? Any customer services issues?

Dont know about Mahindra...only ever seen one...but can tell you something about Kubota parts! ( All Ag equipment MAY be this way..I have no idea...but ) Once you have to start buying part FROM Kubota,,,,you'll wish you took up panhandeling as a career instead of farming!...:eek:

Not to say they are HIGH...Im saying that their parts pricing is assinine!

/ Parts price comparison #5  
Sully2 said:
Not to say they are HIGH...Im saying that their parts pricing is assinine!

We sell parts for about a dozen major companies. Kubota's pricing is really not any different than anyone else.

As far as availability, your typicaly going to be better off with a machine thats popular. The more there are, the longer it will remain profitable to offer parts. If you only sell a few hundred of a given model and you have low turn over, it gets very costly to provide parts support. Kubota also builds their own tractor, Mahindra builds some - but many are built by Mitsubishi and TYM. You then have another middle man to worry about. Kubota out sells Mahindra (and pretty much everyone else) by huge margins. So it only makes sense that long term parts support will be better.

/ Parts price comparison #6  
I'd say parts that would be Kubota easily. Any of the big 3 are going to have better parts support - its the nature of the beast.

/ Parts price comparison #7  
You can get parts anywhere in the country for Kubota. Their dealers are everywhere. I own a New Holland and am now buying all of my parts from Messicks long distance because they have the best prices. I'm sure they are the same for Kubota. When I was turning wrenches on them for a living till about 5 years ago I never had problems getting what I needed for one and it didn't matter what part I needed. The company has probably the best tech support system in the industry too and the more reputable dealers have the proper tools, training and experienced mechanics to handle anything on them.

I've never seen a mahindra in this country. Never worked on one either. I think I remember seeing some big earth moving equipment with that name on it in Japan once. That says something for all the places I have lived and worked so far.