Neutral Safety Switch

/ Neutral Safety Switch #1  

solakian

I have a Hindustan tractor that needs a Neutral Safety Switch. This tractor was never "officially" imported into the U.S. and there are no dealers.

The neutral safety switch has a 3/4-14 thread, the threaded portion is slightly under 1/2" from the shoulder to the tip, and a ball extends beyond the threaded portion to ride on the shift rail. The switch is normally open (ball extended), and I can adapt almost any type of connector.

Can someone help me identify a swith that will work for my tractor?

/ Neutral Safety Switch #2  
solakian said:
I have a Hindustan tractor that needs a Neutral Safety Switch. This tractor was never "officially" imported into the U.S. and there are no dealers.

The neutral safety switch has a 3/4-14 thread, the threaded portion is slightly under 1/2" from the shoulder to the tip, and a ball extends beyond the threaded portion to ride on the shift rail. The switch is normally open (ball extended), and I can adapt almost any type of connector.

Can someone help me identify a swith that will work for my tractor?

I can't help you match a switch, but if you can't find a match for the transmission, you can build a mount and mount any two pole NO ball switch for the clutch pedal to close when the pedal is depressed.

/ Neutral Safety Switch #3  
Just replaced a safety switch on my Kubota. Check-out a dealer they may have a replacement switch that will work for you.

/ Neutral Safety Switch #4  
3/4-14 is not a standard thread size. I suggest this may be a 3/4-16 thread or a metric size.Since it's an Indian tractor, I'd lean toward the metric thread (probably an 18 or 20 mm. both 18 and 20 mm are standard metric thread sizes).
Don't force a fitting into a threaded hole. You'll strip the threads.

I'd try a Mahindra dealer. That's an Indian built tractor, so they may have the parts you need.

/ Neutral Safety Switch #5  
Check out a Chevy truck with a Muncie 4 speed sounds like the reverse switch

or the ford 3000 my neighbor had had one similar on top of transmission housing

napa has a picturial catalog of their switches try them too

tommu

/ Neutral Safety Switch #6  
Check out John Deere part # CH13415

(no idea what thread size it is)

/ Neutral Safety Switch #7  
What's wrong with the switch you have? Can it be rebuilt or cleaned up to make it work.

I've had to fab a number of parts when the replacement is unavailable or impractical.

/ Neutral Safety Switch #8  
The neutral safety switch on a 100 series Massey is about that size and worked the same. Check one out for a MF 135 to see if it works.

/ Neutral Safety Switch
the switch I have was wired into the high current side of the starter circuit. It is a sealed unit but I suspect the contacts have arced one time to many.

/ Neutral Safety Switch #10  
the ford tractor ones were like that a push button on top of the transmission
I think it grounded out to to work the starter

tommu