Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Neutral Safety Switch

I have a Hindustan tractor that needs a Neutral Safety Switch. This tractor was never "officially" imported into the U.S. and there are no dealers.

The neutral safety switch has a 3/4-14 thread, the threaded portion is slightly under 1/2" from the shoulder to the tip, and a ball extends beyond the threaded portion to ride on the shift rail. The switch is normally open (ball extended), and I can adapt almost any type of connector.

Can someone help me identify a swith that will work for my tractor?

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Default Re: Neutral Safety Switch

Quote Originally Posted by solakian
    I have a Hindustan tractor that needs a Neutral Safety Switch. This tractor was never "officially" imported into the U.S. and there are no dealers.

The neutral safety switch has a 3/4-14 thread, the threaded portion is slightly under 1/2" from the shoulder to the tip, and a ball extends beyond the threaded portion to ride on the shift rail. The switch is normally open (ball extended), and I can adapt almost any type of connector.

Can someone help me identify a swith that will work for my tractor?

I can't help you match a switch, but if you can't find a match for the transmission, you can build a mount and mount any two pole NO ball switch for the clutch pedal to close when the pedal is depressed.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130 and BX 2360

Just replaced a safety switch on my kubota. Check-out a dealer they may have a replacement switch that will work for you.

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

3/4-14 is not a standard thread size. I suggest this may be a 3/4-16 thread or a metric size.Since it's an Indian tractor, I'd lean toward the metric thread (probably an 18 or 20 mm. both 18 and 20 mm are standard metric thread sizes).
    Don't force a fitting into a threaded hole. You'll strip the threads.

I'd try a Mahindra dealer. That's an Indian built tractor, so they may have the parts you need.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Elite Member
    Tractor
    kubota bx23

Check out a Chevy truck with a Muncie 4 speed sounds like the reverse switch

or the ford 3000 my neighbor had had one similar on top of transmission housing

napa has a picturial catalog of their switches try them too

tommu
    If it ain't broke we will help you brake it
    If it is broke we will help you get it fixed!

https://www.facebook.com/joseph.t.mussington

Elite Member

Check out John Deere part # CH13415

(no idea what thread size it is)
    ::Sent from a standard desktop keyboard::

My Photobucket

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

What's wrong with the switch you have? Can it be rebuilt or cleaned up to make it work.

I've had to fab a number of parts when the replacement is unavailable or impractical.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

The neutral safety switch on a 100 series Massey is about that size and worked the same. Check one out for a MF 135 to see if it works.

the switch I have was wired into the high current side of the starter circuit. It is a sealed unit but I suspect the contacts have arced one time to many.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    kubota bx23

the ford tractor ones were like that a push button on top of the transmission
    I think it grounded out to to work the starter

tommu
    If it ain't broke we will help you brake it
    If it is broke we will help you get it fixed!

https://www.facebook.com/joseph.t.mussington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast