Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L3940 FEL HST

Default D&T sickle bar repair

I have an Italian sickle bar that's only 3-4 years old. It's made by a company call D&T which is Italian and appears to be imported. I'm having a hard time finding replacement teeth or any parts for that matter. It's a model BF190. I know the dealer it came from new but they apparently don't carry that brand anymore. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD

Default Re: D&T sickle bar repair

Quote Originally Posted by medicshawn
    ... I'm having a hard time finding replacement teeth...
    If by "teeth" you mean what some of us call "sections" (the triangular cutting blades), you can probably find replacements. Measure the width of your section and the spacing between the holes. I suppose the diameter of the holes could also be a concern. Then try to find a match at your local tractor place (like TractorSupplyCo or a tractor dealer).

Tractor
    Kubota L3940 FEL HST

The sections/teeth are just a little bit different than anything I can find. I've been to 4 different dealers of various brands as well as TSC and the Farm Bureau. The width is the same but all the replacements are not quite long enough. Mine are also countersunk which is kinda rare.
    -bottom-sickle1-jpg -top-sickle1-jpg -tractor-0145-jpg -tractor-0147-jpg

Tractor
    Mahindra 2810HST

Have you tried a dealer that sells Sitrex (also Italian)? Yours looks very similar to mine, though I would have to look more closely at it.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    65 M-F,354 International, 6245 Zetor /loader, GC2600 M-F /loader, BX24 Loader/BH, 450 Case Dozer, 1150 Case Dozer

Do a search for Superior mowers or Gribaldi & Salvia. It looks very similar to that brand.

Rich

Tractor
    Kubota L3940 FEL HST

I stumbled upon what appears to me the current website
    D.C.M. di Delnevo Domenico & C s.n.c.
    I still can't find a us distributor. Sitrex and TONUTTI look close.
    -tractor-1002-jpg -tractor-1005-jpg

Tractor
    Kubota L3940 FEL HST

The issue I'm having is that the section is not quite long enough. The bigger issue is that the sections were installed from the factory with rivets which were countersunk flat on both sides. I found some New Holland blades (in the the picture above) that are pretty close. They come with bolts that I think will work. It looks like I have room on the top for bolts to stick up.

I had a really hard time finding these blades and I'm worried I may not be able to find them again.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    65 M-F,354 International, 6245 Zetor /loader, GC2600 M-F /loader, BX24 Loader/BH, 450 Case Dozer, 1150 Case Dozer

It looks exactly like a superior mower to me. Try getting some measurements and calling these guys. Gribaldi:Sickle Bar Mower:GS2401 and Model 394 Surerior:All Superior Mower Parts Or search ebay for gribaldi & salvia there are some pictures on there of the knives and sections individually. Good luck

Rich

Tractor
    Kubota L3940 FEL HST

Rich

The 394 does look close the way the pitman arm attaches looks different and the guides look a little different. I'm tied up tomorrow but may try calling them Friday. Thanks for your help-Shawn

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4330HST

These guys (I think- their old website/domain is gone) used to be suppliers of anything/everything for sickles.

Mid Continent Manufacturing
    650 E. Pine St, Colby, KS 67701-3804
    p: (785) 460 7581
    Website - None Supplied

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast