D&T sickle bar repair

/ D&T sickle bar repair #1  

medicshawn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940 FEL HST
I have an Italian sickle bar that's only 3-4 years old. It's made by a company call D&T which is Italian and appears to be imported. I'm having a hard time finding replacement teeth or any parts for that matter. It's a model BF190. I know the dealer it came from new but they apparently don't carry that brand anymore. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

/ D&T sickle bar repair #2  
medicshawn said:
... I'm having a hard time finding replacement teeth...
If by "teeth" you mean what some of us call "sections" (the triangular cutting blades), you can probably find replacements. Measure the width of your section and the spacing between the holes. I suppose the diameter of the holes could also be a concern. Then try to find a match at your local tractor place (like TractorSupplyCo or a tractor dealer).

/ D&T sickle bar repair
The sections/teeth are just a little bit different than anything I can find. I've been to 4 different dealers of various brands as well as TSC and the Farm Bureau. The width is the same but all the replacements are not quite long enough. Mine are also countersunk which is kinda rare.
bottom sickle1.jpg top sickle1.jpg tractor 0145.jpg tractor 0147.jpg

/ D&T sickle bar repair #4  
Have you tried a dealer that sells Sitrex (also Italian)? Yours looks very similar to mine, though I would have to look more closely at it.

/ D&T sickle bar repair #5  
Do a search for Superior mowers or Gribaldi & Salvia. It looks very similar to that brand.

Rich

/ D&T sickle bar repair
The issue I'm having is that the section is not quite long enough. The bigger issue is that the sections were installed from the factory with rivets which were countersunk flat on both sides. I found some New Holland blades (in the the picture above) that are pretty close. They come with bolts that I think will work. It looks like I have room on the top for bolts to stick up.

I had a really hard time finding these blades and I'm worried I may not be able to find them again.

/ D&T sickle bar repair #8  
   / D&T sickle bar repair
Rich

The 394 does look close the way the pitman arm attaches looks different and the guides look a little different. I'm tied up tomorrow but may try calling them Friday. Thanks for your help-Shawn

/ D&T sickle bar repair #10  
These guys (I think- their old website/domain is gone) used to be suppliers of anything/everything for sickles.

Mid Continent Manufacturing
650 E. Pine St, Colby, KS 67701-3804
p: (785) 460 7581
Website - None Supplied