Skid shoes

/ Skid shoes #1  

Solo

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer2030
I am looking for the parts number for the skid shoe kit, for the RB72 Woods rear blade. Does anyone out there happen to have that info?
Thanks,
Solo

/ Skid shoes #2  
The number 18300 appears on my sales receipt for the blade and the shoes. I think that is the parts number for the shoes.

/ Skid shoes
Thanks.
Solo

/ Skid shoes #4  
Solo,
What are you going to use them for? Where are you going to get them/how much? I thought about using them on my RB84 to plow snow w/o plowing all the gravel off my driveway, but I think my Woods dealer want over $140.00 for them so I am holding off for now.
Nick

/ Skid shoes
I thought I would use them for snow removal too. I think they would come in handy for leveling out the drive also. I kicked up a lot of gravel in the driveway, during what little snow we did have. I priced them at one dealer in Morgantown WV, they wanted $130. I might hold off myself on buying them.
Solo

/ Skid shoes #6  
Solo,
Is it me or is $130.00 for skid shoes outrageous!! It seems to me that an option part (simple to make to boot) should not be 25% of the original purchase price!!!! /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif

Rant mode off!

Nick

/ Skid shoes #7  
You might try this, go to a plumbing supply shop,get two black iron pipe caps 3 or4 inch. Then turn them upside down and drill a one inch hole through the middle of the cap. Take a peice of one inch round stock. ( or whatever dia., and length, fits your brackets ) Then weld them into the center of the cap. These make an excellant omni-directional skid shoe. they held up under my 700lb Boss snowplow through 4 seasons of commercial plowing. Cost was around $30.00.

/ Skid shoes #8  
There aren't any brackets /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif

Nick

/ Skid shoes #9  
You can use two inch flat stock steel. Simply bend it into a semi s shape, drill two holes in your blade per side and your flat stock to mount. It is best to use quarter inch stock for wear on these home made skids. The the total cost shouldn't run over $30.00 and they work quite well. Paint your favorite color.