Platinum Member
    Tractor
    New Holland Boomer2030

Default Skid shoes

I am looking for the parts number for the skid shoe kit, for the RB72 Woods rear blade. Does anyone out there happen to have that info?
    Thanks,
    Solo

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ventrac 4500

Default Re: Skid shoes

The number 18300 appears on my sales receipt for the blade and the shoes. I think that is the parts number for the shoes.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    New Holland Boomer2030

Thanks.
    Solo

Tractor
    TC40D w/ss

Solo,
    What are you going to use them for? Where are you going to get them/how much? I thought about using them on my RB84 to plow snow w/o plowing all the gravel off my driveway, but I think my Woods dealer want over $140.00 for them so I am holding off for now.
    Nick

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    New Holland Boomer2030

I thought I would use them for snow removal too. I think they would come in handy for leveling out the drive also. I kicked up a lot of gravel in the driveway, during what little snow we did have. I priced them at one dealer in Morgantown WV, they wanted $130. I might hold off myself on buying them.
    Solo

Tractor
    TC40D w/ss

Solo,
    Is it me or is $130.00 for skid shoes outrageous!! It seems to me that an option part (simple to make to boot) should not be 25% of the original purchase price!!!! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Rant mode off!

Nick

Tractor
    New holland TC29-9x3 Woods 1012 FEL, Woods, 7500 Backhoe / Kubota L345DT 4WD, Kub FEL, Kub Backhoe

You might try this, go to a plumbing supply shop,get two black iron pipe caps 3 or4 inch. Then turn them upside down and drill a one inch hole through the middle of the cap. Take a peice of one inch round stock. ( or whatever dia., and length, fits your brackets ) Then weld them into the center of the cap. These make an excellant omni-directional skid shoe. they held up under my 700lb Boss snowplow through 4 seasons of commercial plowing. Cost was around $30.00.

Tractor
    TC40D w/ss

There aren't any brackets [img]/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Nick

Tractor
    Kubota L4610, ZD21, RTV900, B2630

You can use two inch flat stock steel. Simply bend it into a semi s shape, drill two holes in your blade per side and your flat stock to mount. It is best to use quarter inch stock for wear on these home made skids. The the total cost shouldn't run over $30.00 and they work quite well. Paint your favorite color.

Tractor
    TC40D w/ss

Dozernut,
    Thanks! I give it a try.
    Nick