Land Pride rotary cutter.

/ Land Pride rotary cutter. #1  

sanmigmike

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 HST
I've got a rotary cutter that I guess I have backed into too many stumps trying to clear berries. Bent the fork that the tire goes in so bad that the tire doesn't turn any more. Tried to beat it straight and no luck. Any ideas or just pay the money and buy a new fork for the rear tire? Got to give it credit, bent that fork but nothing else has bent at all!

/ Land Pride rotary cutter. #2  
did the same with my woods. Was told new fork was the way to go $60 or so.

Like you, I thought fair enough. Wish it was berries and not just briars in my case

/ Land Pride rotary cutter. #3  
TSC has a large caster wheel with positive castor (I know that sounds redundant but there are caster wheels with zero caster, too).

You can weld the new wheel's base to the stalk of the old wheel or use a large pin to replace it all...

/ Land Pride rotary cutter. #4  
When I first started mowing with my Landpride Rotary Cutter, I bent my rear wheel up pretty good. I had it straighted, but it just bent again even easier. I had it strightened a third time, but there was no strength left in the metal and it just bent again really fast.

I bought a new one and got to thinking about it. I realized that I wasn't greasing it every time that I used it, and after sitting for a week or more, the greese wasn't doing anything but making the wheel stick in position. With fresh grease, it spins around allot faster and easier.

That was five years ago, and while I ruined the first bracket for the wheel in a few months, the second bracket is still going strong.

Eddie

/ Land Pride rotary cutter. #5  
eddie is absolutely right - I slacked off on my greasing, and was told it was a big part of the problem