please help with kubota problem

/ please help with kubota problem #1  

cag80

i have a 2000 kubota b21 with 1200 hrs.. last week i was brush hogging a account i do 3 times a year.. the tractor has a tough time due to the fact one part is a very steep hill that must be brush hogged going up and down due to the grade.. i usually have to leave the hood up to keep the tractor running cool... well last week the tractor was not really running hot i have ran it up to three quarters without this issue.. temp was about half way up compared to normal running temp a quarter up on the gauge.. the the tractor would start to idle all the way down then after 15 seconds the rpms would pick back up.. thus making the hydros very doggy.. i had to finish the hill with a ztr this is how bad it got.. i keep up on oil changes and hydro filters air filters fuel every year.. any suggestions on what to check would be greatly appreciated thanks chris

/ please help with kubota problem #2  
Change the fuel filter. Sounds like its wet.
larry

/ please help with kubota problem #4  
Exactly and I might add clean the radiator fins by removing the screen and blowing from the engine side of the radiator to front with an air hose.

I'm with spidy and milkman.

Use shop air to blow debris forward out of the radiator and any heat exchanger or oil cooler or A/C evaporator. Only after blowing out all the debris you can should you consider using water. Water plus dirt plus straw (weeds and debris) is the formula for bricks.

When I hog and the temp goes up I restore it to normal by cleaning the screen I have in front of the radiator (Kubota OEM.) In some situations it gets clogged pretty quick. An operator added screen in front of the air inlet makes keeping the radiator flow unobstructed easier.

Pat

/ please help with kubota problem
thanks for the replies.. i think doing these two things will solve my problem.. i have never cleaned the radiator and i only time other than this time i had running problems was last year when i had water in the fuel filter.. although it was having a problem starting not acutally running. i will address these two issues and follow up..

thanks again
chris

/ please help with kubota problem #6  
Chris, When I brush hog at the right times of the year, I can plug up my cooling system rather fast. The temp gauge always runs toward the low side except when I have debris blocking the air. One of the first signs of blocked air flow for me is the cabin A/C starts to lose its cool. (Evaporator is in front of radiator.) At this time temps are up a little but still way in the white (safe) zone. As I accumulate more debris the temp goes right on up. Typically I pull into the shade if available and pull both OEM screens and they are usually really covered in debris. As soon as I restart the engine the temp drops like a rock and all is happy until next time which can be 5-10 min or 5-10 weeks depending on what I am doing and where I am doing it and the height and condition of weeds and grass.

I say again... NEVER squirt water at your radiator until after you have thoroughly blown it out with high pressure air. Depending on what is in the air passages you can get the dirt and straw to make like a brick recipe and the engine heat will bake it nicely. Very difficult to clear it out.

Pat