Old DR Brush Mower

/ Old DR Brush Mower #1  

Chief261

I acquired an old brush mower that runs great but there are no model numbers or spec stickers. The blade belt is missing and I have no idea what the replacement belt should be. I have no manual for the machine either. It looks very little like the new DR mowers other than general features. Does anyone have some thoughts on how I should proceed. This appears to be a 12-15 year old machine or maybe more. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

/ Old DR Brush Mower #2  
Can you post a photo of it?

/ Old DR Brush Mower #3  
Seems like the rental places used to have a particular brand of brush mower with spoke wheels and solid rubber tires. They used a horizontal engine with a twisted belt that drove the blade. Later, they used a vertical engine with a belt (sometimes two) that drove the blade. The brand name escapes me at the moment.

You could either post a picture and somebody will probably know what you have or you can search "brush mowers" on the internet and probably find it.

You might be able to calculate your belt length using this or something similar to it:
Belt Length Calculator

/ Old DR Brush Mower #5  
I acquired an old brush mower that runs great but there are no model numbers or spec stickers. The blade belt is missing and I have no idea what the replacement belt should be. I have no manual for the machine either. It looks very little like the new DR mowers other than general features. Does anyone have some thoughts on how I should proceed. This appears to be a 12-15 year old machine or maybe more. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Yup, I have one about that old. It's made by DR but looks a lot like the one posted by 2manyrocks. In fact I used it just 3 days ago. Still runs great and never had a problem with it. As you said, it looks nothing like the newer, fancy models that they sell nowadays, only 1 forward speed and no reverse, spoked metal wheels. It has a Briggs industrial engine that has started on the second or third pull for about 15 years.

There are 2 belts, a longer one that drives the blade and a shorter one that drives the wheels. The machine isn't at the house at the moment so I can't give you the sizes but I'll hunt for the manual tomorrow if you need the information. Let me know.

/ Old DR Brush Mower
   / Old DR Brush Mower
Can you post a photo of it?

2manyrocks has posted a photo of it. The one in the photo is in much better condition than mine. Hope you know what type of blade drive belt that one would take. Thanks for the interest.

/ Old DR Brush Mower
Yup, I have one about that old. It's made by DR but looks a lot like the one posted by 2manyrocks. In fact I used it just 3 days ago. Still runs great and never had a problem with it. As you said, it looks nothing like the newer, fancy models that they sell nowadays, only 1 forward speed and no reverse, spoked metal wheels. It has a Briggs industrial engine that has started on the second or third pull for about 15 years.

There are 2 belts, a longer one that drives the blade and a shorter one that drives the wheels. The machine isn't at the house at the moment so I can't give you the sizes but I'll hunt for the manual tomorrow if you need the information. Let me know.

Thanks! I need the measurement on the longer blade drive belt or a workable substitute. A copy of the spec sheet or maitenance part numbers would really be helpful. Thanks again! Best regards, Jim

/ Old DR Brush Mower

Frank- Any luck with that manual. Any info on the belts would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

Best regards, Jim

/ Old DR Brush Mower #10  
I have a Bachtold model H-800, which I believe is the same functionally as pictured in the recall photo.

Parts/support via

bachtold@arends-sons.com

Customer Service Department
1-877-784-5161

509 West First Street
Gibson City, IL 60936-0485

Belts:
Blade belt is either 66" ("B63") or 67" ("B64" which equates to 5L670)
propulsion is 31" "A29" or 708B or 4L310