'07 John Deere 3520 Hydraulic problems

/ '07 John Deere 3520 Hydraulic problems #11  
My 3520 has started the jumping in the 3 point hitch system. I have 550 hours and I did push a lot of snow with the rear blade this winter. Now, the 3 point hitch will drop about an inch or two over about a minute or less and then it will jump back up. I am going to change the hydraulic fluid and filter but I doubt that will fix it. I also need to see if I can tighten the rockshaft lift handle, as now when I hit bumps it will move forward on its own. If anyone can explain the problem with the rockshaft valve mentioned earlier in this thread, I am listening to see if I could have that problem.

/ '07 John Deere 3520 Hydraulic problems #12  
Hi,

I realize this is an old post, but was thinking the answers from kennyd and Kernopelli would probably relate to my Branson rear lift problem. I was certainly glad to hear that the problem is not unique to Branson tractors, nor that the lack of effort to resolve the problem is just not Branson dealers , either.

/ '07 John Deere 3520 Hydraulic problems
I'm really starting to hate this tractor. This things seems to be getting worse every time I use it. Right now, if I raise the 3-point all the way up with a grader box attached , kill the tractor, and then watch. Within five minutes it has fallen all the way to the ground. I have a rear SCV with a hydraulic top link attached. Oddly enough this cylinder seems to operate perfectly, but the 3 point lift is all over the place. The loader freezes every once in a while and is generally very sluggish. The tractor whines a lot. I know someone with a Kubota 3940 HST and it doesn't do any of this. Could it be the cylinder that operates the 3 point lift? Does anyone know a phone number for John Deere?
These dealers are nothing but money vacuums, I'd like to fix this thing myself if I knew what to fix. That way I know it would be right.

/ '07 John Deere 3520 Hydraulic problems #14  
I'm really starting to hate this tractor. This things seems to be getting worse every time I use it. Right now, if I raise the 3-point all the way up with a grader box attached , kill the tractor, and then watch. Within five minutes it has fallen all the way to the ground. I have a rear SCV with a hydraulic top link attached. Oddly enough this cylinder seems to operate perfectly, but the 3 point lift is all over the place. The loader freezes every once in a while and is generally very sluggish. The tractor whines a lot. I know someone with a Kubota 3940 HST and it doesn't do any of this. Could it be the cylinder that operates the 3 point lift? Does anyone know a phone number for John Deere?
These dealers are nothing but money vacuums, I'd like to fix this thing myself if I knew what to fix. That way I know it would be right.

Did you ever figure out the 3pt hitch problem on this tractor? I have a 2007 JD3520 with around 1000 hours that is starting to do the same thing.

/ '07 John Deere 3520 Hydraulic problems #15  
My rockshaft drop rate is getting worse and worse. The dealer said they put a scope in it and hydraulic oil is leaking around the piston. I don't trust my local dealer so I was curious if anyone ever found a good solution to this problem on my 2007 John Deere 3520?

Thank you in advance.

/ '07 John Deere 3520 Hydraulic problems #16  
My rockshaft drop rate is getting worse and worse. The dealer said they put a scope in it and hydraulic oil is leaking around the piston. I don't trust my local dealer so I was curious if anyone ever found a good solution to this problem on my 2007 John Deere 3520?

Thank you in advance.

Sounds like the rockshaft piston seal(s) is failing, and needs replaced,may also need to hone the inside of the cylinder if it is scored. Have had to replace the one on my Chinese tractor and my 3000 ford.
when the 3 point rockshaft leaks down there is a feed back mechanical mechanism that opens the hydraulic control valve to lift the 3 point back to its original location. if the leak is bad enough it can cause a lot of cycling up and down.
this course of action is assuming the dealers troubleshooting is correct. Hope this is helpful

/ '07 John Deere 3520 Hydraulic problems #18  
Kenny-

Can you tell me where the return screen is on the JD 3520. I have to change the fluid and filter soon and would like to
do everything that needs to be done before the new fluid and filter are installed. Thanks.
Welcome to TBN:D

What you are describing is definitely NOT normal. If your machine is still under warranty then you need to find a different dealer who wants to help...

The 3PH jumping is a symptom of the rockshaft valve being bad...and JD did have a run of these on the 3x20 series tractors.

As far as the loader, it could be a bad coupler, Or when they changed the fluid and filter they did not remove and clean the return screen that is in the system. How nay hours on your machine?

/ '07 John Deere 3520 Hydraulic problems #19  
Go here: John Deere Ag - New Equipment: Technical Publications - Equipment Search

Select your model then pic open station or cab in the serial number range you have, then there will be a link to the owners manual. Without knowing this info I can can't help more...

You can also look in www.jdparts yourself, it's free and the same basic system the dealer use at the parts counter. There is a quick tutorial linked in my signature also.

/ '07 John Deere 3520 Hydraulic problems #20  
Thanks for the links. The manual shows an inline hydraulic filter that is able to be removed, cleaned and reinstalled. Would this be the return filter that you referred to?

Looks like the drain plugs are all allen bolts. Can you tell me if they are metric or SAE on this John Deere? Need to buy a set and the tractor is not here to check the bolts.

From what I can see there is a small filter
Go here: John Deere Ag - New Equipment: Technical Publications - Equipment Search

Select your model then pic open station or cab in the serial number range you have, then there will be a link to the owners manual. Without knowing this info I can can't help more...

You can also look in www.jdparts yourself, it's free and the same basic system the dealer use at the parts counter. There is a quick tutorial linked in my signature also.