MF model 1160 starts but no power after running 10 minutes

/ MF model 1160 starts but no power after running 10 minutes #1  

rcsolomon

I have a MF 1160. I bought it and changed all of the filters/fluids. I run it around the yard to keep it running. I have just started bushhogging and it will run fine for 10-15 minutes or so and then it is like it has no power. It will idle fine, but not run. If you step on the throttle, it seems like it boggs it down. I had to prime it manually just to get it restarted to get it to the barn.
What is wrong? It has fresh fuel.

/ MF model 1160 starts but no power after running 10 minutes #2  
First thing I would look at is the fuel filter and the possibility of algea. Just because the filter has been recently changed , it doesn't mean it did plug up again real quick.
Algea is a mold that grows in diesel fuel if it has moisture. Get a biocide.

/ MF model 1160 starts but no power after running 10 minutes #3  
Maybe, air leaking into the fuel system/lines. Make sure all the fuel line connections are tight.

Make sure primer pump lever is secured to the "run" position after use.

Check for double gaskets when you changed filters. (Leaving the old gasket in place and adding the new gasket.)

Also, look inside the fuel tank for anything that could wash around/plug the fuel inlet.
You may need to remove the tank and rinse clean. Screen/filter the fuel before reusing.

Hope this helps

/ MF model 1160 starts but no power after running 10 minutes
Thank each of you for the information. I have been told it is possibly an injector going bad. Is there anyone else out there with any other takes on what it could possibly be and if it is an injector, a good place to have it rebuilt?