Bucket cylinder replacement procedure ?

/ Bucket cylinder replacement procedure ? #1  

PTFarmer

Tractor
Kubota L3010HST W/FEL
I had to remove both of the bucket cylinders on my FEL to have the seals replaced by the dealer. Any special procedure that I need to follow when I go to replace the cylinders on the FEL ? Do I need to worry about air getting into the system or bleeding the system after reinstallation of the cylinders ?

/ Bucket cylinder replacement procedure ? #2  
I would make sure that all fittings are clean of any dirt or foreign materials. I use teflon plumbers paste when installing any fittings, as it is not recommended that teflon tape be used because of the possibility of a piece coming loose and clogging a valve. Be sure to grease them after installation.

/ Bucket cylinder replacement procedure ? #3  
I just went through the same thing with my kub la402, they said there was a batch of cylinders that went out with bad seals. I didn't notice any thread sealant when i took them off, so i didn't put any on when i reinstalled. should i have?? they aren't leaking, but i do notice pressure leakdown more quickly than when they were new.

/ Bucket cylinder replacement procedure ? #4  
If they aren't leaking, leave them alone, is my advice. I seem to do more preventative things when working on stuff then necessary.

/ Bucket cylinder replacement procedure ? #5  
My B2910 is in the shop right now having the R bucket cylinder seals replaced. If there was a bad batch of seals, then I can probably assume the left one will go soon. My warantee is up in a week. I wonder if I am going to have to pay for the left one? Is there some sort of recall or bulletin from Kubota on this?
David

/ Bucket cylinder replacement procedure ? #6  
sorry for the late response. My dealer told me what Kubota told him - they wanted the seals back. I assume they will get some sort of compensation based on how many "go". I would bet there is a service bulletin on them. I hope its not out of warranty yet...

/ Bucket cylinder replacement procedure ? #7  
Paul and all,

The compression fit on the hydraulic hoses don't require any taping or sealant other than to make the fitting easier to tighten, as the seal is the interface of the male/female internal hose parts.

Regarding seals and leakage, my unit had the same malady on the LF bucket cylinder - replaced seals under wty - tho the B21TLBs only have a one yr wty. The seals are easy to do with the tools to loosen the caps and remove the cylinder.

Seems like many have experienced similar problems so if any issue in/out of wty a call to your local Kub rep may be in order if you feel it's a close call. Also I find either they leak or they don't and if they don't early on they probably won't for a while.

Carl