Favorite tools-any odd tools you find really usefull?

/ Favorite tools-any odd tools you find really usefull? #61  
In addition to my antique 7.2V Makita cordless screwdriver and a Dremel set, my most-often used tool is a pocket screwdriver with a magnet in the handle- literally use it every day for something or other, always have it with me.

One other tool that's not used often, but when it is it's the only thing that'll work, is a Skewdriver. Thought it would just sit around, but has really fit the bill in many situations.

Attachments

• Skewdriver:750.JPG
    Skewdriver:750.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 155
  • Skewdriver:case.JPG
    Skewdriver:case.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 198
   / Favorite tools-any odd tools you find really usefull? #62  
Not exactly a 'tool' but every workshop needs a good supply of rags and a few old bed sheets. Old flannelette sheets are especially nice.

/ Favorite tools-any odd tools you find really usefull? #63  
The Steel Tape is my most used tool.

Eddie

That made me think of my dad.

Ever since I can remember, my dad always carries a slim measuring tape in his pocket. He has a selection of them, all shapes and sizes. Usually no longer than a 10ft tape measure. You could be sitting at the beach or at a fancy wedding, no matter where, he will always have a measuring tape in his pocket.

/ Favorite tools-any odd tools you find really usefull? #64  
My favourite tools would be -

Handy... a metric "dog bone wrench" I picked up in a TSC special offer bin a while back. It has 10mm up to 18mm all in one tool with a swivelling head on each end. It is a handy tool to have in the toolbox.

Useful.... Sears baseball hat with white leds on the front peak. This is one of the best items i have for those late evenings, trying to get the last out of the daylight. For close quarters work, this is a real useful hat to be wearing.

Wouldnt be without... Craftsman "80 years special edition" pocket knife. The stainless steel one with black handle. The one that uses standard stanley blades. I cannot go out working without that tool clipped to my belt, I always use it.

Safety in mind... Fluke volt alert probe. Tells you when theres power in that cable without having to find bare metal.

Right tool for the right job?... I have a half dozen surgical clamps I picked up someplace that I have found to be really useful from time to time. For clamping off tubes mainly. From jobs such as removing motorcycle fuel tanks or clamping off rubber brake lines, these little surgical clamps have been really handy. Also, I've used them for offering up tiny stainless steel screws (non magnetic) into akward places, they make for a firm grip on the screw head to run in a few threads before you can get a screwdriver on..

Travelling companion... Swiss army knife. My folks bought me a big ol swiss army knife for my 21st birthday (long...long time ago). I bring it with me every time I travel. Very handy tool to have in your suit case for light hotel room duties.

Last edited: