FarmTrac DTC 360 Clutch Problems - Please Help

/ FarmTrac DTC 360 Clutch Problems - Please Help #1  

Qapla

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40D HST 4WD FEL/BH
Our 360 has the Backhoe/Front Loader attachments. This is our primary use for the tractor. It has been working quite fine until Yesterday.

It was used the day before and was evidently working normal (my brother was using it). Then I went to use it the next morning. There were problems:

The clutch pedal seems to have no real resistance now (almost like stepping on a wet sponge)
The tractor has no "get-up-and-go" in the upper range.
The mid and lower range seem to still work as before, however the clutch still has no real resistance at the pedal as before. Lately the mid-ragne is starting to lose power when the loader is fully loaded or I am trying to push a large amount of dirt.

Someone suggested I check the return spring. It seens to be just fine.

Any ideas?

Does anyone know where to get a service/repair manual for this tractor?

/ FarmTrac DTC 360 Clutch Problems - Please Help #2  
I sent you a Private Message.

/ FarmTrac DTC 360 Clutch Problems - Please Help #3  
Does the Back Hoe attach to a sub-frame or just connected to tractor with 3pt hitch? If no sub-frame, you need to check all the bolts that hold the tractor together around the transmission. No sub-frame can cause bolts to loosen and brake. Be sure and check hydro fluid level and check for leaks.

I have a LongTrac (Long Agrabusiness) and ordered a shop manual, I think it was around $120.00 for the manual. I ordered it from Long dealer parts counter guy.

/ FarmTrac DTC 360 Clutch Problems - Please Help
Does the Back Hoe attach to a sub-frame or just connected to tractor with 3pt hitch? ..... Be sure and check hydro fluid level and check for leaks.

The backhoe and the FEL are part of the Farmtrac package, It came complete with a quick change sub-frame system. I checked all the bolts while I was looking for any missing springs.

All the fluid levels seem OK.

/ FarmTrac DTC 360 Clutch Problems - Please Help #5  
It sounds like a possible clutch failure. You may have to split the machine to repair.

jb