washable K&N type Kubota Air Filter???

/ washable K&N type Kubota Air Filter??? #1  

superwilly

Tractor
1991 Kubota L2350DT
I would like to change from the stock air filter to a reusable oil wetted foam air filter, ie K&N or something similair. Does anyone have any ideas on this, or ideas as to why you don't see or hear about oil wetted foam filters on tractors. it's on all our dirtbikes and such. It has always been the best at trapping the small dust particles, but I can't find info tractor applications. by the way I've got a 1991 Kubota L2350DT affectionately call Big O.

/ washable K&N type Kubota Air Filter??? #2  
I always recommend against K&N type filters. They do not filter as well as a factory filter does. They may flow more air but at the expense of allowing more dirt into your engine. I have seen a couple of air filter test that showed the factory filter was the most efficient at removing dirt.

/ washable K&N type Kubota Air Filter??? #3  
Superwilly;
I'm with DieselPower on this one. When a OEM filter costs 15-20 bucks why fiddle with something that may be less effective at filtering dust? Losing a motor in favor of a "1,000,00 mile" filter is false economy in my book. Good Luck.

SimS

/ washable K&N type Kubota Air Filter??? #4  
Superwilly;
I'm with DieselPower on this one. When a OEM filter costs 15-20 bucks why fiddle with something that may be less effective at filtering dust? Losing a motor in favor of a "1,000,00 mile" filter is false economy in my book. Good Luck.

SimS
From what I understand the Kubota air filter can be washed up to 6 times IF it is in good shape (no tears holed ect.)
DGS

/ washable K&N type Kubota Air Filter??? #5  
K&N filtes let a LOT more dirt into the engine. As dirt in intake tract is about 100,000x more abrasive that dirt in the oil*, why would you want to allow more dirt into the engine? To save maybe 200 bucks on air filters while spending $3-4000 on an engine rebuild?

*maybe I exaggerated a weee bit....

/ washable K&N type Kubota Air Filter??? #6  
I always recommend against K&N type filters. They do not filter as well as a factory filter does. They may flow more air but at the expense of allowing more dirt into your engine. I have seen a couple of air filter test that showed the factory filter was the most efficient at removing dirt.

Ditto that.. I like the older oil bath air filters vs those new K&N.

soundguy