Turf Tires

/ Turf Tires #21  
Yes, turfs are best for mowing. Here is the thing, its a tractor! Turfs are pretty much worthless on a tractor. Its like putting slicks on my F-350 4x4. Maybe its just me but I would not put turfs on any real tractor. They are great for things like the fairway mower or ZTR's

Chris

Here's another thing, it depends on how your using the tractor.

I have a 2310 TLB its a tractor, barely, it has turfs.

Using my 2310, I have moved acres of dirt, mountains of gravel, and plowed lots of snow, with and over sized plow; no chains, on a gravel drive. And I have no problem doing any of the above.

As long as you don't need to work in mud, or steep soft hills, turfs will do the job just fine. I don't need, or desire, to work in the mud.

I do need to be able to drive on soft turf, sometimes. And there is no doubt which one does the least damage. I bought my tractor to be able to maintain, and improve my property. So, it makes no sense for me to damage my lawn, driving across it to fix something.

I know the difference, I have had my fathers TLB here with bar tires, [Before he traded it in]. He also got turfs on his next tractor, and is very happy too.

There are also many others on here, in the zillions of threads on tires, that have had the similar results.

Yes, the weight of the backhoe, and the ability to use 4wd, [I don't always use it], are factors. Operator technique is also a factor.

It really boils down to how, and where, you use your tractor. And sometimes, your own personal preference. Such as, how much you care about cleat marks, and soil compaction, in your lawn. Some people, like my neighbor, could care less.

/ Turf Tires #22  
It really boils down to how, and where, you use your tractor. And sometimes, your own personal preference. Such as, how much you care about cleat marks, and soil compaction, in your lawn. Some people, like my neighbor, could care less.

Like Freedom, reliable Traction aint free.
larry