IH 2444 throttle

/ IH 2444 throttle #1  

jhamman

Tractor
IH 2444
Hi all,

I recently picked up my first tractor, an IH 2444. Unfortunately, it was sitting for several years and the engine was locked up.

After putting several weekends of work into it (rebuilt starter, valve job, carb rebuild, etc.), I now have it running well. However, I need to work on the foot throttle linkage and I don't have a reference to see if it is connected correctly or missing parts. The I&T manual I have only shows how to adjust the governor, not what the pedal assembly looks like. It's hard to tell if the previous owner(s) modified it or not. The pedal appears to be stuck in the down position and may be missing a spring.

Does anyone have any documentation showing the pedal assembly? Can you scan the pages, or recommend which book I could buy instead? I've ordered the IH Operator Manual, but it hasn't arrived yet. It's the C153 gasoline engine (even though the carb rebuild comment gives that away!).

Thanks in advance,
Joe

/ IH 2444 throttle #2  
Go to caseih.com and select "Search for Parts"

Search for your model. There are exploded views there of every part of the tractor along with part numbers etc. You may be able to figure it out from the diagrams.

/ IH 2444 throttle
Thanks! The pictures there are excellent.

Joe

/ IH 2444 throttle #4  
Just popping in to say welcome to TBN Joe...

I've got a IH 2424 gasser..nothing like an old machine that needs TLC to make us appreciate newer stuff. Of course the sense of satisfaction found (after all the hardwork) with successful repairs/restoration is priceless.