Bucket Cylinder seal

/ Bucket Cylinder seal #1  

Anonymous Poster

I need to replace the bucket cylinder seals on my Kubota 5100 FEL. How difficult is this job? Has anyone out there done this procedure before?

/ Bucket Cylinder seal #2  
If you have any hydraulic cylinder building experience they should be fairly easy, if not good luck.
One of the problems is mounting the o-rings and spacers without stretching them too far and breaking them.
Bill

/ Bucket Cylinder seal #3  
I've rebuilt 2 on my IH656 with no experience before and I had no problems. Don't worry about stretching the o-rings either. I had to stretch a few of them, but to a point of no return. If they are good new rubber ones, they should spring back anyway.

As long as you have a decent set of tools, some mechanical experience and a few hours, give it a shot!

- G

/ Bucket Cylinder seal #4  
As far as stretching those O rings. Try boiling them in water for a couple minutes, they usually stretch pretty easy then. And return to thier original size when they cool.

/ Bucket Cylinder seal #5  
Bill,
Russ is right. Put them in boiling water for a little bit. They will go right on. What I use to do was, take the boiling water off the stove, put the rings and backers in. Then fish out the one you need as you go.