Generac 7000 watt home Generator Battery

/ Generac 7000 watt home Generator Battery #1  

SOS

Silver Member
Tractor
NH 45 A (2006)
I have a Generac 7000 watt home generator and need a new battery but can't find and do not want to replace the battery with another Generac battery as the current one only worked for 2 years.

part number GEN-188443GS

Does anyone know of an alternate battery to use?
:confused:

/ Generac 7000 watt home Generator Battery #2  
if you want the battery to last long ,put something like battery tender on it.i have 3 and looking at 3 more.i keep one on my cubcadet for 5 years now .cross my fingers small battery

/ Generac 7000 watt home Generator Battery #3  
I assume this is a starter battery. If so they are generic. All you need is physical size, voltage and minimum cranking amps and start searching for a replacement.:D

/ Generac 7000 watt home Generator Battery
It has a trickel charger on it but I do see that a battery tender would help.

That darn thing has no cranking amps on it.

Its a brigg & stratton engine and the part number from B&S 12330-33AH

/ Generac 7000 watt home Generator Battery #5  
Interstate Battery makes a premium lawn and garden battery; Home Depot usually stocks them. Otherwise any Interstate dealer can order it.

If it fits, that's the way to go. I use them in the equipment I need to depend on. They really last, especially with a trickle charge.

/ Generac 7000 watt home Generator Battery #6  
Interstate Battery makes a premium lawn and garden battery; Home Depot usually stocks them. Otherwise any Interstate dealer can order it.

If it fits, that's the way to go. I use them in the equipment I need to depend on. They really last, especially with a trickle charge.

For my Generac --I did the same I went to Interstate battery no problems.
the generator maintains it self it starts up once a week to maintain battery charge.

/ Generac 7000 watt home Generator Battery
Thanks all... on my way to the store. :)

/ Generac 7000 watt home Generator Battery #8  
For my Generac --I did the same I went to Interstate battery no problems.
the generator maintains it self it starts up once a week to maintain battery charge.

it only charges it once a month .most likely only what you use to start it once a month.battery tender will make sure it is at peak the othe 30 day

/ Generac 7000 watt home Generator Battery #9  
it only charges it once a month .most likely only what you use to start it once a month.battery tender will make sure it is at peak the othe 30 day

Don't need to.
I used mine for the past 6 years no battery issues.
The Generac automatically starts up once a week on Sch to maintains it self.

/ Generac 7000 watt home Generator Battery #10  
Speaking from experience, the engine battery in Generac systems should be replaced every 5 years, (6 max). If you wait until the battery goes bad, the weekly exercise test will engage the starter solenoid until it overheats and burns out. Not enough power to start the motor, but enough to fry the solenoid. Any auto store battery will work, just match the physical size.