Default case maxxum 5150 powershift problem

Hi was just wondering if any one could help me, my 5150 is putting itself into neuteral when going up into second from first or coming down from third the key on and off will fix it and then its fine for a moment or two then it will do it again. cheers, luke

Tractor
    all makes and models

Default Re: case maxxum 5150 powershift problem

There are a couple of things it could be. Would it be correct to assume that it is a 5120 and what is the serial number?

Tractor
    AC D14 , Farmall H, AC CA, IH 404, Case W4, Hyster 50

Quote Originally Posted by aplin_33 View Post
    Hi was just wondering if any one could help me, my 5150 is putting itself into neuteral when going up into second from first or coming down from third the key on and off will fix it and then its fine for a moment or two then it will do it again. cheers, luke
    Hello, Sounds like your pressure switch on 2nd gear is bad. by turning the key off and on you are restarting the shift computer and it takes a minute to read all the pressures when it see no pressure on 2nd gear it shuts down the trans. the switch is not hard to change it is on the right side of trans under the step. there are 4 switches in line up and down.
    Good Luck Ed

Tractor
    Case 885, JD 730D, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by abcrepair View Post
    Hello, Sounds like your pressure switch on 2nd gear is bad. by turning the key off and on you are restarting the shift computer and it takes a minute to read all the pressures when it see no pressure on 2nd gear it shuts down the trans. the switch is not hard to change it is on the right side of trans under the step. there are 4 switches in line up and down.
    Good Luck Ed
    But if I remember correctly, the switches are not in order from top to bottom. Could also be a bad solenoid coil; not supplying pressure to the #2 clutch. Pressure switch is likely, however. I'd identify the #2 pressure switch and swap it with one of the others: see if the problem migrates to another gear.