Tractor
    IH 2444

Default IH 2444 - which repair manual?

Hi all,

I'm new to the tractor scene and I was looking at I&T repair manuals for my recently acquired Industrial 2444. Does anyone know the correct manual to get for this tractor? It has the gas (C153) engine and a FEL, along with the foot throttle. I don't have access to it now to get the S/N, but the previous owner thinks it is a 1969 or 1970 model.

I've seen auctions for I&T manuals IH-30, IH-40, and IH-45, all stating they cover the 2444. Should I get one of these or am I better off getting the IH-201 manual?

All suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Joe

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130HST w/LA723 loader

Default Re: IH 2444 - which repair manual?

Quote Originally Posted by jhamman View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new to the tractor scene and I was looking at I&T repair manuals for my recently acquired Industrial 2444. Does anyone know the correct manual to get for this tractor? It has the gas (C153) engine and a FEL, along with the foot throttle. I don't have access to it now to get the S/N, but the previous owner thinks it is a 1969 or 1970 model.

I've seen auctions for I&T manuals IH-30, IH-40, and IH-45, all stating they cover the 2444. Should I get one of these or am I better off getting the IH-201 manual?

All suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Joe
    I owned a IH 444 and I believe that is the basic tractor for the IH 2444. I believe the IH-201 was the manual I used.

Vernon
    Kubota L3130HST, BL4690B backhoe, LA723 Loader w/QA, 6' BB, 6' Bush Hog, 5' RB, PHD, ATI grapple, Hy-Reach Tree Shear, toothbar, pallet forks, grubbin bucket.

Tractor
    IH 2444

Thanks - I'll give that one a try.

Tractor
    all makes and models

With the older manuals they used to be different for the engine and the chassis from the manufacturers. Some broke it down even more for the hydraulics and electrical.