Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    KUBOTA L 2800

Default I busted my gland nut

Since the dealer doesn't stock it I'll have to order it anyway does anyone know where I can order a gland nut for my LA463 front loader on line. A limb fell on it just right and broke the threads on it.

Default Re: I busted my gland nut

OUCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by woodchuckie View Post
    Since the dealer doesn't stock it I'll have to order it anyway does anyone know where I can order a gland nut for my LA463 front loader on line. A limb fell on it just right and broke the threads on it.

Ouch ! That must have dropped you right to your knees!

On the other hand, if it was on the hydraulic cylinder, you can get one at a hydraulic repair shop. Will probably have to take the cylinder with you and may have to leave it.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5030 HSTC, MF 5455

John I was thinking sort of the same thing but I usually enjoy busting a gland nut. I don't think I would take it to a cylinder shop though...

Tractor
    Power Trac PT-425 / Branson 3520

As soon as I saw the title, I knew the wiseacres would be lining up to post.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson model 85, Allis-Chalmers WD-45

A cylinder shop would have to order one too. I would try to match it up with one from a catalog. If not, it would be ordered from a dealer. If it's too expensive, it can be repaired. I have gone this route before. Price wasn't too bad either.

Ahh, the jokes that can be made about this one. Busting a gland nut, wood involved. It's a good thing this is a family site.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply.
    Willing is not enough, you must do.
    Bruce Lee

Tractor
    New Holland TC45 Shuttle

Are you ok? I'm glad it wasn't worse. We all make mistakes that's why it pays to use your seatbelt, leave your ROPS up, not stand in the bucket when it's raised, stand next to a live bush hog's PTO shaft, etc....

I know it had to be painful, though....
    TC45 Shuttle, 270 hours, 758C backhoe, 16LA loader

Well, I looks like I just bought myself a lot of work.....

Tractor
    KUBOTA L 2800

I checked at the dealer today and their price is 100 dollars with tax. The only way I see it could be repaired would be to get the threads welded back to the other part. I'll check to see if my local welder can to that. The dealer called the part the "head of the bucket cylinder".
    The limb that broke it had to hit just right to crack it like it did. It's only 1 inch exposed surface. I was even able to loosen it and tighten it down again and stop the leak until some hard use and that time when I tightened it the threads separated from the rest of it.

I was making a new trail and the vines will pull down rotted limbs. I usually look out for dead trees and limbs and I have a hard hat but wasn't wearing it that day. My rops have never been folded and I always wear the seat belt. I'm always having to cut vines and limbs that would hit me as I go through. I keep my loper hanging on the rops so I can reach them from the seat.

Tractor
    Kubota, B7100HST-D

Quote Originally Posted by SnowRidge View Post
    As soon as I saw the title, I knew the wiseacres would be lining up to post.
    I deliberately stayed away from this thread so that I wouldn't feel obliged to post something that would get me in trouble. The subject has been covered to my satisfaction so I'm safe now.
    Steve

The best things in life are not things.

Yes I was going to chime in with some smart a** remark. But what IS a gland nut. Could someone post a photo?

Wedge
    1967 Ford 4000, Box blade, straight blade, FEL, Rake, Bushhog, Backhoe, Jinma chipper, KKII tiller, Grapple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast