loaded tires and air pressure

/ loaded tires and air pressure #1  

Deerlope

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 03: RTV 900
My tires say 20 PSI but a friend says that if they are loaded it should only be 5 PSI. What does everyone else say?

/ loaded tires and air pressure #2  
I would think you still need to maintain the proper air pressure. We always did.

/ loaded tires and air pressure #3  
My tires say 20 PSI but a friend says that if they are loaded it should only be 5 PSI. What does everyone else say?

Consider the source.

/ loaded tires and air pressure #4  
My dealer loaded mine and said to maintain about 5-8 psi in them.

/ loaded tires and air pressure #5  
Normal air pressure

Andy

/ loaded tires and air pressure #6  
too many inconsistent answers here. I am curious myself since my tires are loaded too.

/ loaded tires and air pressure
I guess that I should have added that my tires are tubeless and that may make a difference in keeping them seal to the rims.

/ loaded tires and air pressure #8  
Some of my tires don't say any pressure on them. But I , and most the people I know usually ours about 8 or 10 psi in our rear tractor tires, loaded or not. We keep the pressure at the upper limit on the front tires when we have a loader, usually 30 to 40 psi.

/ loaded tires and air pressure #9  
The operators manual doesn't differentiate between loaded and unloaded
11.2-24, 4PR 14psi
13.6-16, 4PR 14psi

15-19.5, 6PR 30psi

These are given in my L 2800 manual.

/ loaded tires and air pressure #10  
too many inconsistent answers here. I am curious myself since my tires are loaded too.

Way too many people on this board, severely underflate there tires and cause long term damage to the sidewalls according to Firestone.

Here is Firestone's take on the issue on how to fill and the fact that they should be inflated to the correct pressure. Many other interesting articles on Firestone's web site.

http://www.firestoneag.com/tiredata/info/info_hydro_1.asp

Andy