foam filled tires

/ foam filled tires #1  

accordionman

Gold Member
Tractor
KUBOTA L3000DT, FEL.
hello to all,
i have had so many flats, that i would like to use this stuff to fill the tires.
i remember reading something about foam filled tires. does anybody know where
i can find this information? thanks.
accordionman
william l. brown

/ foam filled tires #2  
accordianman....

Manufacturer is ARNCO....product is Superflex... the have a website. The stuff isn't cheap. Its about $ 700 each rear tire ( 17L-24 R-4 ).

Do a search here or on the web and you should get to the data.

/ foam filled tires #3  
Here is a thread:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=implement&Number=60556&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>SuperFlex Tire Ballast</A>

/ foam filled tires #4  
Your signature brought back something my Grandmother told me many times, "Look for the best in people and you will be sure to find it." or something very close to that.
Bill

/ foam filled tires #5  
I had all four tires on my JD 4100 filled with SuperFlex last fall. It cost just under $800 including NY taxes. I went to the Arnco web site and emailed them a request for a dealer. I got a response, called the dealer and got the cost for my tire sizes and made an appointment to have it done. They fill the tires and then let them cure for 36 hours, so you are without the tires for a couple of days. The SuperFlex also added a couple of hundred pounds on each rear tire, so it helped traction and stability a lot. To me, it was definitely worth the cost.

<font color=green>Duane</font color=green>

/ foam filled tires #6  
Duane, you are the first person I can recall who has had all 4 tires foamed. How has it affected the ride, if at all?

/ foam filled tires #7  
Glenmac,
It took a lot of the bounce out of it and it seems much more stable, both from the added weight, I suppose. The foam itself is "designed" to be just about the same as correctly inflated air, so the dealer says. I have to agree that I see no difference in the actual ride. They drill a small hole on the top of the tire, fill it until the foam comes out of the hole and then plug the hole. I have a sample piece of cured foam and it is fairly soft and very resilient.

The main reason I initially had them filled was all the thorn trees and brush stubble on the 4 acres I'm clearing.

<font color=green>Duane</font color=green>