filters

/ filters #1  

Anonymous Poster

I'm new to the tractor world. Recently purchased a JD 4400 . I could use some help with parts sources. The dealer here is ok, but not real responive or competitive. Anyhow, I need to stock up on regular maintenance stuff. Can you recommend a good source for filters and such. The dealer prices are way out of line. Kind of like going to your Chevy dealer for an oil filter. I know where to get competitive prices on car stuff, what's the scoop on tractors?

/ filters #2  
Check with your nearest NAPA guy for filters and such.

/ filters #3  
Most major filter manufacturers have a cross-reference book, if you can find one for Wix or other maker you can find them for a lot less.

/ filters #4  
high prices seem to be the reputation of all JD dealers for parts..but i ended up getting the JD oil filters, they were cheaper than the local NAPA wanted.
heehaw

/ filters #5  
For the few extra dollars every year, I would recommend buying the manufacturer's filters from your local dealer. For the peace of mind knowing that your tractor meets all manufacturers spec's plus your tiny contribution to helping to support a local business/dealer. The pain of losing a local dealer and traveling long distances for parts and advice can be extreme. Just my $.02

/ filters #6  
JD does not make their own filters, but they are manufactured (for them) to some specification... The key is finding out who actually makes the filter... It's a bit of a game!

/ filters #7  
I like wix website. The only problem, you can't always find the filters you need; for instance, wix didn't make a hydraulic filter for my kubota L2850...