Default filters

I'm new to the tractor world. Recently purchased a JD 4400 . I could use some help with parts sources. The dealer here is ok, but not real responive or competitive. Anyhow, I need to stock up on regular maintenance stuff. Can you recommend a good source for filters and such. The dealer prices are way out of line. Kind of like going to your Chevy dealer for an oil filter. I know where to get competitive prices on car stuff, what's the scoop on tractors?

Tractor
    Yanmar 1500D

Default Re: filters

Check with your nearest NAPA guy for filters and such.

Tractor
    JD 4100 HST

Most major filter manufacturers have a cross-reference book, if you can find one for Wix or other maker you can find them for a lot less.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV

high prices seem to be the reputation of all JD dealers for parts..but i ended up getting the JD oil filters, they were cheaper than the local NAPA wanted.
    heehaw

Tractor
    Belarus 525

For the few extra dollars every year, I would recommend buying the manufacturer's filters from your local dealer. For the peace of mind knowing that your tractor meets all manufacturers spec's plus your tiny contribution to helping to support a local business/dealer. The pain of losing a local dealer and traveling long distances for parts and advice can be extreme. Just my $.02

Tractor
    NH TC21D

JD does not make their own filters, but they are manufactured (for them) to some specification... The key is finding out who actually makes the filter... It's a bit of a game!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    sold - Kubota L2850 DT-7 4x4 Shuttle Shift

I like wix website. The only problem, you can't always find the filters you need; for instance, wix didn't make a hydraulic filter for my kubota L2850...