Default Help with Hydraulic Cyl.

HI Everyone,

I am trying to replace the seals in a Hydraulic Cly off a 2240QT Bush Hog front end loader Part number24H411402.

I got the cap lose but it just turns without coming off.Does anybody have a digram of this cly or can explain to me how to remove?
    Thanks

Tractor
    John Deere 4110

Default Re: Help with Hydraulic Cyl.

Welcome to TBN

There are many types of cylinders out there-so a picture would help...but often there is a internal ring that gets removed through a hole in the side of the cylinder. You turn the cap till you see the end of the ring in the hole, then use a pick to start the end of the ring out of the hole while you turn the cap.
    John Deere 4110HST
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks, I-Match, Ballast Box, #380 plow (modified to fit), Markham LD-48 Grapple, Trac-Vac 854 and lots of other STUFF.

John Deere 4x2 Turf Gator

View some of my projects/adventures in my Picasa Album

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Thanks Kenny I see what you are talking about, Now to see if I can get it done.

Tractor
    1993 NH 2120 (the best), 1974 MF 135 (sold, but solid), 1947 Farmall A (bought, sold, bought back, sold again), 1956 MH50 lbt (sold, in 1980, darn it)

If you post this in Hydraulics you may get more help.
    Jim
    "Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly" Mae West