Case IH 235 Question

/ Case IH 235 Question #1  

Pitch.Black

Tractor
2019 Mahindra eMAX Series 20S HST
I am looking at a Case IH 235 sub compact tractor from the late 1980's for purchase from a private owner. I know there are one or two things I will need to repair if I purchase it. I cannot find a source for parts and was actually told by a used dealer that he will not deal in Case IH (Mitsubishi) tractors because of scarce availability of parts.

Can anyone confirm this statement or is it just a ploy by a dealer to scare a potential buyer? Anyone know a source for Case IH 235 parts?

Thanks in advance.

/ Case IH 235 Question #2  
I know the Misubishi tractor parts are hard to find, especially the steering gear. There are a lot of those tractors around, however, and the junkyards must be full.
I had a smilar model once and really liked it. I did buy what parts I needed from a regular CaseIH dealer with zero problems or concerns. Some things were discontinued but many parts were shared and readily available. If the tractor were in great condition and the price were attractive and it were me ---I would buy it. They are great tractors with few problems.
If it sat outside year-round and the owner beat on it and didn' change the oil, etc or the price was not quite right, I would avoid it. Lots of used stuff coming on the market.
I'm not sure on the dealer response. Sounds fishy but my experiences were two years ago.

/ Case IH 235 Question
Thanks for the advice. This is helpful.

I am finding a few of these around... larger models as well. There is a 254 that looks in pretty good shape. It was kept in a garage. I did look on the Case IH website that looked promising. There were even callouts for decals.

They look like strong tractors.