Bolt size on a JD mower deck

/ Bolt size on a JD mower deck #1  

jkendall

I'm looking to find the bolt size for the bolt that holds one of the blades on the (48")mower deck of a John Deere L120.

I want to replace them and I can't find out what size bolt it is.

/ Bolt size on a JD mower deck #2  
it is a M10x30 bolt Deere # 19m7786

/ Bolt size on a JD mower deck
Hey, Thanks so much Joe..........!

/ Bolt size on a JD mower deck #4  
I can guess why you need to know this. I'd appreciate info on what coating, oil, graphite or Nothing is best to use for an easier release when removing them. I always need a breaker bar and a piece of wood to block the blades.

/ Bolt size on a JD mower deck
You got that right!! I got the breaker bar and wood block out in the garage right now. I rounded a bolt head and had a fun time gettin it out. So I thought it was a good time to replace all the bolts that hold the blades on.

I don't think there is an easier way unless you have an air ratchet.......which I don't.

/ Bolt size on a JD mower deck #6  
A air rachet won't get it either but a 1/2 air impact wrench will. A 6 point socket helps for when the bolts start to loose their corners. I have fought the wrench and board thing you guys talke about and hated it.

You don't need much of a compressor to take blade bolts off. An electric impact works well. Last time I tried my 18V Dewalt impact and it did the job with out dragging out a hose.

Lots of reasons to get more tools

Dan

/ Bolt size on a JD mower deck #7  
If you use power tools make sure you know which direction you need to go as most are reverse thread. I have impact guns and use the breaker bar and wood block because I like to "feel" how tight it is. My breaker bar is 40" long.;)

/ Bolt size on a JD mower deck #8  
I always use "Never-Seize" for stuff like this or lug nuts. ~S

/ Bolt size on a JD mower deck #9  
Never try messing with them with a 12 point socket or wrench. ONLY use 6 point and the bolt head should hold its shape.

/ Bolt size on a JD mower deck #10  
Hey, in case anyone runs across this thread. I got of the phone with John Deere. Those bolts are 15mm on my 48" mower deck of my L120.