JD855 = YANMAR what?

/ JD855 = YANMAR what? #12  
Anybody know the YANMAR model equivalent for the JD 855 for parts comparisons?
None. If you're tired of OEM prices and looking for aftermarket parts we have a small (31 pages) but growing catalog of aftermarket parts for JD compacts. If your email can handle a 2,000 KB file attachment we will send the catalog. If you need it on a CD, we charge $5 to cover the postage. Filters, engine parts, common seals, water pumps, etc. The majority are for 650, 750, 850, 950, 1050, but there are some things for other models.

/ JD855 = YANMAR what? #13  
My John Deere dealer sends me parts via USPS or UPS from the distribution center. They usually arrive 2 days after the order. Just because the can is the same size and it fits the threads doesn't mean its the right filter. The pressure relief is a whole lot different than a car's. BTW: any Nissan/Datsun filter will screw on.

While you are at it, there are 2 fuel filters and an air filter that could be included in the shipping box. Maybe even a hydraulic filter and a gallon of hydraulic oil, and some paint...

I always vote for the good night's sleep.

/ JD855 = YANMAR what? #15  
My John Deere dealer sends me parts via USPS or UPS from the distribution center. They usually arrive 2 days after the order. Just because the can is the same size and it fits the threads doesn't mean its the right filter. The pressure relief is a whole lot different than a car's. BTW: any Nissan/Datsun filter will screw on.

While you are at it, there are 2 fuel filters and an air filter that could be included in the shipping box. Maybe even a hydraulic filter and a gallon of hydraulic oil, and some paint...

I always vote for the good night's sleep.

could you please explain the difference in pressure relief and where you found the info? thanks

/ JD855 = YANMAR what? #16  
There are actually supposed to be 2 pressure valves in an oil filter. An anti-drainback valve prefents oil galleries from emptying back and thus helps a motor by maintaining pressure on a startup. On many cars now, the filter is located such that it won't do this anyways. On a tractor? Generally not so lucky. There is also a pressure relief valve in the filter in case it gets plugged from sludge, water, filter deteriorization and heavy wgt oils and high rpm. You get more HP if the oil flow isn't dragging the engine down. And this is only a momentary lapse, anyways. Settings are different for low rpm diesel motors for obvious (I hope) reasons). On a cold day, oil is heavy, filter may be too fine and your motor is starved for oil. On a car (even a diesel), Federal emissions rules make it necessary to warm the engine asap by any means, so heavy oil on a cold day is a brief moment in time. Cars get more frequent oil changes and get better oils by nature. They are generally getting oil changes much too frequently. Ain't so with a tractor, which sees frequent high or max power duty cycles, dirty/dusty environment air, open breathers, and poorer tolerances than a car motor (plus a lot more hours on the clock).

Like I said, Having a manufacturer supplied set of filters on my machinery makes me sleep really good at night (among other things, of course. And I don't need a filter on that anymore.)...

/ JD855 = YANMAR what? #17  
Anybody know the YANMAR model equivalent for the JD 855 for parts comparisons?

Hey JD855, have you tried these guys John Deere Parts ? They specialize in Yanmar tractors, but they have just about everything for the JD 650 750 850 line. Hit the link and download the Catalog....you'll see what they carry and they even show the JD part numbers. You have to call them for pricing though.

Chris