Kabota G1900 Fuel Pump & Fuel Gauge dead

/ Kabota G1900 Fuel Pump & Fuel Gauge dead #1  

Logie

Since the pump and the dash lights for the fuel guage and glow plug all went out at the same time, I'm thinking that this is an electrical issue rather than a dead fuel pump. Without a wiring schematic, I don't know where the connections are that I need to look at and test for power and don't know if maybe I'm just dealing with a blown fuse. Any suggestions???

Logie

/ Kabota G1900 Fuel Pump & Fuel Gauge dead
Maybe I should give a little more information.

We took the snow blower off and put the mower deck on. We noticed at that time while moving the tractor around that the dash was not registering the fuel level and the glow plug was not lighting up and wasn't clicking. After getting the mower deck on, we were able to start it up and begin cutting the grass. But, then the engine started sputtering. We parked it right away and decided to replace the fuel filters in case something was clogged. That's when we realized that the fuel wasn't flowing through the fuel lines. We have surmised from this that the fuel pump isn't getting power and it is also effecting the dash components. We don't know where the fuel pump is to actually be able to say for sure that it is not running. So you might also want to start with letting me know where the pump is so we're not assuming something that we shouldn't be assuming.

Logie

/ Kabota G1900 Fuel Pump & Fuel Gauge dead #3  
Did you check the fuses under the steering wheel?

/ Kabota G1900 Fuel Pump & Fuel Gauge dead
No. That's my problem. I don't know where anything is. I don't have a manual or wiring schematic. I'll poke around under the steering wheel and see what's down there.

Thanks for the pointer....

Logie

/ Kabota G1900 Fuel Pump & Fuel Gauge dead #5  
Remove the screen. There is a fuse box there with 3 fuses to the right (when sitting on the tractor) and below the steering wheel.

Note that there is also a fusible link on the rightside of the engine below and behind the manifold that can blow if there is a surge.

I can email you a wiring diagram if you need it. Send me an email at dave1234@frontiernet.net.